Hi y'all! From Cali

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohwell_3Ts

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Rachel here from California. I am new to soapmaking. I have been stalking this forum for months, so I mine as well introduce myself and say hi.
Made my first batch of Castile soap a few months ago. Since I had olive oil at home. I will be making my first purchase of oils this weekend! Eek, I'm so excited.!! Love learning from this forum and excited to share my journey!
Rachel

Hey and welcome! You do know that 100% Olive Oil(Castille) soap takes 6-12 months to cure for testing, right? I would think about making a Bastille soap that has more than OO in it, so you can test it after a 4-6 week cure if I were you.

Welcome! Yeah see if you can get some coconut oil, castor oil and lard at your local markets - those with olive oil are all you really need :)

Are you in So Cal? There are some fun soap making meetups in Long Beach - Clicky. I have to miss the latest liquid one - signed up too late :( But he did add a beginners section on color and scent!! The FO's he is using from that class are from Not_Ally and JBlarney :D

Welcome Rachel! Fellow Cali here too. I find a lot of local resources here, and our fellow Cali soapers rock on this board, you are in good company.

Hi Rachel another Ca soaper here too! I think there are quite a few of us! If you are near a Smart & Final they have great prices on Lard, Tallow & Palm, but you may not use any of those. They come in 50lb. blocks, which sounds like a Hugh amount, but believe me you will find a way to use that amount if it is part of your recipe.

Hi Rachel!

Welcome, I am also a Cali soaper. In the L.A. area. I lurked for a bit myself but I'm really glad I registered. This is an amazing soaper community!:grin:

I just joined the Meetup that happens in Long Beach and am looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Hey and welcome! You do know that 100% Olive Oil(Castille) soap takes 6-12 months to cure for testing, right? I would think about making a Bastille soap that has more than OO in it, so you can test it after a 4-6 week cure if I were you.

Yes, thank you Susie. I know I need to wait till January to see if they are ready. But finally got other oils on hand now.

Thank you everyone for the warm hellos. I live in nor cal, otherwise I would love to go to meet-ups.
I have a local lady who I ended up buying my oils from and went with new direction for my EO's. I am sticking with all natural soap.
And a side note, I am using the soap making forum app in my phone, so still learning how to work everything.

Back