Hi there...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Steve here from Massachusetts. I joined this forum about 2 months ago and have been perusing this site even before that trying to soak up (little pun there) as much as I can. I have made some CP in the past as well as a little bit of M&P. I am just a hobbyist trying to impress myself with what I can come up with :) . I have quite a few questions and will be posting soon. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Steve

Welcome.gif

Steve here from Massachusetts.
Where are you in Mass? In '71, I spent 2 weeks on Cape Cod with a cousin and her hubby before settling in Worcester ("Woo-stah" LOL) for two years. I luv, luv, luv autumn in New England! The colors are spectacular and seem to last forever. Unlike Colorade where the Aspens turn the foothils to gold in mid-September and go brown in 2 weeks later! Glorious while it lasts.

Where are you in Mass? In '71, I spent 2 weeks on Cape Cod with a cousin and her hubby before settling in Worcester ("Woo-stah" LOL) for two years. I luv, luv, luv autumn in New England! The colors are spectacular and seem to last forever. Unlike Colorade where the Aspens turn the foothils to gold in mid-September and go brown in 2 weeks later! Glorious while it lasts.
Hi @Zany_in_CO I am in Fall River, which is about an hour to Woostah! and about 30 minutes to the Cape / Bourne Bridge (with no traffic) and home to the one and only Lizzie Borden and Emeril Lagasse!

I was born and raised here, moved away for a little bit but then came back. I was around for the blizzard of 78' and enjoy the seasons here.

But as I get older, I'm becoming less fond of the cold November rains and February's Polar Vortex. 😬

Welcome, Steve!
I've spent a good deal of time in Ma. Danvers, "Peabuddy", "New Bedfud", "Gloustah". I love the 4 seasons there. I really do miss that part of the country. The cold and feet and feet of snow ( not to mention the taxes and high prices) keep me from going back. I liked going to the White Mountains in the fall..*sigh* God's artwork.

I liked going to the White Mountains in the fall..*sigh* God's artwork.
I have a geezer pal in Northboro. His daughter and SIL are taking him, or more correctly, using him as an excuse, for them to ride the Cog Railway to the top of Mt. Washington for his 96th birthday on 9/11. They've never done that. He has.

If it's hazy, or not displaying autumnal colors then, he's going to not go. (To be clear, he'd just as soon take a nap in the car and let "the kids" have their fun!)

I have a geezer pal in Northboro. His daughter and SIL are taking him, or more correctly, using him as an excuse, for them to ride the Cog Railway to the top of Mt. Washington for his 96th birthday on 9/11. They've never done that. He has.

If it's hazy, or not displaying autumnal colors then, he's going to not go. (To be clear, he'd just as soon take a nap in the car and let "the kids" have their fun!)
That would be something to see! I remember traveling the Kangamangus Highway..3 hrs one way for..what was it..6,,10 miles? I think..but lemme tell ya..it was specTACular! As far as your pal, I can't say I blame him being he's already been there and done that. But yanno, even with overcast days..it's still a sight to see :)

Welcome, Steve!
I've spent a good deal of time in Ma. Danvers, "Peabuddy", "New Bedfud", "Gloustah". I love the 4 seasons there. I really do miss that part of the country. The cold and feet and feet of snow ( not to mention the taxes and high prices) keep me from going back. I liked going to the White Mountains in the fall..*sigh* God's artwork.
Hey @KDP New Bedford (New Beige) and Fall River are like cousins. We're about 15 minute from each other if that. Yup... Property taxes are super crazy high over here. Eventually, upon retirement, we're thinking of moving out of the state. Haven't quite figured out where to just yet. Trying to avoid anywhere super hot as well blizzards... I've had enough and don't think I would ever miss the snow and cold again.

Eventually, upon retirement, we're thinking of moving out of the state. Haven't quite figured out where to just yet. Trying to avoid anywhere super hot as well blizzards...
When I moved to Denver from Mass in '72 the temps were fairly mild year round. 300+ days of sunshine, blue skies and clean air. There were days you could ski in the morning, come off the mountain, and an hour's drive later play golf in the afternoon. I remember one year when hubby and I golfed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's day, St. Patty's Day and April Fools Day.

Summers are too hot most days now and both skiing and golf are both too expensive except for the uber wealthy from all over the world, the trust fund kids that invested in real estate early on and entrepreneurs that came here in the 70's. At that time, half of Metro Denver's thriving businesses were owned by 30-somethings.

Latest posts

Back