Help with M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne.m.

Reaction score
Hello from Owen Sound, Canada. I’ve just starting using melt and pour. I’m having some problems with colorants. If I use charcoal powder as an additive, why does it bleed?

Hello from Owen Sound, Canada. I’ve just starting using melt and pour. I’m having some problems with colorants. If I use charcoal powder as an additive, why does it bleed?
Hello Anne.m.!
I’m always hesitant to respond as I am new to soaping as well. I have had the same problem and have stopped using it altogether. It didn’t matter how much I used it always bled. I now just use dark micas to get the color I need. I’m sure others have much better input to help, but I thought I would say hi!

Hello Anne.m.!
I’m always hesitant to respond as I am new to soaping as well. I have had the same problem and have stopped using it altogether. It didn’t matter how much I used it always bled. I now just use dark micas to get the color I need. I’m sure others have much better input to help, but I thought I would say hi!
Point taken. Do you think I should wait until first layer has hardened a bit more, before adding next layer?

Point taken. Do you think I should wait until first layer has hardened a bit more, before adding next layer?
I never actually tried that given how bad the bleeding was, I just gave up. I would try it with a small mold to see how it goes so you don’t have a big ruined batch. I really hope it goes well for you!

Back