Hi~ Soap Newbie from the London :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pockykai

Reaction score
Hey guys!

My names Courtney, but I usually go by Kai online, but feel free to call me which ever :)

So I'm a total Soap Newbie. Ive been watching Lots of Soaping videos on youtube. I started off with Royalty Soaps, and then continued from then on to other people. I'm addicted haha. and so I thought I would try making them myself. I already do so many arts and crafts things, I sew, Draw, bead, felt, make Dolly wigs...etc... haha. so i figured this might be something else to add that i might be good at and ill never know until I try right?

I've bought a few things so far, just essentially buying all the equipment stuff first and then I will buy the materials to make the soap. I'm going to be buying melt and pour soap to start off with before getting into the more technical cold process. I would rather get some form of practice instead of diving straight in at the deep end haha.

So yeah, I hope to get along with everyone and eventually be experienced enough that I can help out other people too :D

We welcome you to the forum. My advise, although it wasn't asked for,:) is to start small and buy only the essentials. You can do a lot with a few ingredients and the right equipment.

Hey and welcome.

I second Isg's suggestion. You really only need to spend real money on a good digital scale and a stickblender for CP soap. Everything else you should have, or can buy cheaply enough. The real cost of CP is in the fragrances.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to budget well for stuff and I will fork out for a decent stick blender once I start doing CP and I already have some decent scales in my kitchen that no one uses anymore so I will porbably just confiscate those for my soap usage and buy the kitchen a cheaper one for when I do baking haha. But yes thank you I really apriciate any and all advice at this point :)

Welcome from the other end of the world (NZ) my best advise is to enjoy it and don't stress to much if things dont quite work how you had imagined it. Have fun!!

Welcome to the forum. Hobbies do seem to pile up :) I'm sitting here crocheting while thinking of next batch of soap. I'll second the comments above to get yourself a nice scale and stick blender. I used cardboard boxes for molds for awhile before deciding what style molds I wanted to spend money on. Good luck!

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice guys! i shall think on it all before making any pricey decisions :3

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to budget well for stuff and I will fork out for a decent stick blender once I start doing CP and I already have some decent scales in my kitchen that no one uses anymore so I will porbably just confiscate those for my soap usage and buy the kitchen a cheaper one for when I do baking haha. But yes thank you I really apriciate any and all advice at this point :)

There is no reason, whatsoever, that you can't use the same scale for baking as soaping. I do. You will have a container to weigh everything into, anyway, so there is no danger of cross contamination. I do wipe the scale down after every use so it is ready for the next use.

Latest posts

Back