Hi! Newish to the forum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needtosoap

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks now and since I've finally decided to start posting I thought I should do the polite thing and introduce myself.

My name is Judy and I live in Texas. I've been soaping for about a year now. My soap making addiction grew out of owning dairy goats and the need to do something with the extra milk. The first few batches I made were just to "play" I didn't have any intention of actually enjoying making soap LOL. Then after trying my soap WOW I was hooked. What a difference handmade soap is - my skin didn't itch, it didn't dry and crack in the winter and it's actually soft now!

I started out giving my soap away and listening to what the people that used it thought. And then I stared tweaking my recipes until everyone seemed happy with their soaps, so happy they keep demanding more, which I think is a good thing.

My family and friends have been telling me I need to make a business of soap so I've been lurking the forums, reading and learning. I'm still not sure it's something I want to do but I do like making soap and I figure if I'm going to do anything it needs to be something I enjoy...and there's all that milk that needs to be made into something :lol:

Thanks for letting me introduce myself, out of all the soaping sites I've visited this one seems to have the nicest, most helpful members.

Hi Judy
Welcome to you.
Glad to see you are putting all that goat milk to use, it would be such a shame to waste it!
Glad you chose our forum to join, looking forward to seeing some of your soap and sharing your experience.

Chrissy

Hi Judy
It is nice to meet you :D Welcome to the forum . Having fresh goats milk on hand 24/7 has to be a great thing . I have to pay $6.00 for 2 qts at the store :shock: .

Kitn

Hi Judy,

Welcome! I just got some fresh (frozen) GM from a goat farmer and I'm going to be experimenting with it soon.

I'm so jealous that you got a recipe tweaked to everyone's satisfaction. Oh, how I dream of that! :)

zeo

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Right now most of my soaps are pretty boring, just basic EO blends and natural color. I guess I could post pictures but compared to what I've seen in the gallery I'd be totally embarrassed :oops: The soaps members post there are gorgeous!

Goat's milk is crazy expensive - there's no way we could afford it if we didn't own the animals (which is why we have them) but then again, milking twice a day in 102+ temps kinda makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing . :lol:

Oh and Zeo - I wish I had found just one recipe for everyone, I actually have three that I use regularly *sigh* and now after spending time on the forum I really want to try a salt bar! Yes, it is a sickness.

Back