Hi..Need Your Help For My cinnamon Soap :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supun

Reaction score
HI .Im planning to make cold process soap with cinnamon powder. how much powder do i need to add for 1lb of oils without having skin issues.? my oils are.coconut,olive ,sunflower and palm..thanks.. :)

I have this bookmarked coz I'm also planning a soap with cinnamon, among other things... Hopefully you'll find some tips that'll work for you :)

May I ask why you want to use cinnamon powder? It will not leave a scent, but can be scratchy even if you do not use enough to be irritating.
i thought about adding cinnamon EO. But i have noticed i need to use it very small amount.is powder has same issues for skin ..y=thanks.

I have this bookmarked coz I'm also planning a soap with cinnamon, among other things... Hopefully you'll find some tips that'll work for you :)
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used about a tablespoon for 1 kilo of oil. I didn't notice it to be irritating on my skin.
fullsizeoutput_4cf3.jpeg

In the EU there are rules about cinnamon oils. Cinnamon bark oil seems to be a complete no no in soap. Cinnamon leaf oil is allowed at usage rates of half to one percent. I use 7g of cinnamon leaf oil in 600g batch of oils (this works out at one percent after you have calculated how much additional sodium hydroxide is added and how much water is left after cure, which all adds up to a smidge over 700g). This is ample for a strong smelling soap, I wouldn't use any more even if I could. I can't remember what cinnamon bark oil smells like and if there is a big difference. Cinnamon leaf oil is sweet, earthy and spicy.

Back