Hi, My Name Is Patrick And I'm A FOHO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Yep, that's me. After hitting the middle of the month and "only" having Five 2 Oz bottles of FOs left in my drawer, I decided to stock up this month. This was needed because I was stepping out of the "beginner's" box and moving up from the .5 Oz/Lb standard setting on Soapcalc. What was NOT needed was the over 400 Oz of various FOs that I saw on my cabinet shelf today before I stopped adding them up. (Notice I went from a "drawer" to a "cabinet shelf").

Looking at all those fragrance oils (with another 46 Oz of various fragrances coming) I felt a small twinge of embarrassment. Had I become some type of FO hoarder? Was I obsessive compulsive? And then it hit me ... I am a FOHO.

That's it. That's all. And once again, I thank you for bearing with me while I rant/ramble/vent a little.

Happy soaping! And may your fragrances smell as good or better in your soap as they do OOB!

Update: My daughter tells me that yes, I am a FOHO. However, I am also addicted to colors (bought a bunch of oxides, micas and neon colorants last month). Aaaand, she pointed out that as she was talking to me I had placed an order for lye from The Lye Guy and had other pages open comparing the prices on Avocado Oil.

According to my daughter, the other members of the household have taken to calling me "Pot Ash Pat". :Kitten Love: I pointed out to her that I had never "used" pot ash and I had just ordered my first bottle of the stuff .... her response:

"It's a nickname ... and not a very nice one ... it doesn't HAVE to make sense ... Kinda like all those colors and fragrances and chemicals."

Uh-oh, I think they are planning to put me away someplace ... padded. lol :crazy::wave:

Hello fellow member! When you hold scent up to your mini schnauzer who either sneezes or stays a while to sniff more because the humans in your household are tired of you saying, "what about this one, like it better or not so much, does the citrus smell true?" you know things are getting serious.

So, I'm glad to know I'm not the only that judges scents by the dog's reaction!!!! I know it's going to be a good scent when my beagle follows me and sits and begs at the counter with scents he likes...lol... Unfortunately, I think that may mean I turned him into a FOHO as well :Kitten Love:

Yep, that's me. After hitting the middle of the month and "only" having Five 2 Oz bottles of FOs left in my drawer, I decided to stock up this month. This was needed because I was stepping out of the "beginner's" box and moving up from the .5 Oz/Lb standard setting on Soapcalc. What was NOT needed was the over 400 Oz of various FOs that I saw on my cabinet shelf today before I stopped adding them up. (Notice I went from a "drawer" to a "cabinet shelf").

Looking at all those fragrance oils (with another 46 Oz of various fragrances coming) I felt a small twinge of embarrassment. Had I become some type of FO hoarder? Was I obsessive compulsive? And then it hit me ... I am a FOHO.

That's it. That's all. And once again, I thank you for bearing with me while I rant/ramble/vent a little.

Happy soaping! And may your fragrances smell as good or better in your soap as they do OOB!

Hey Patrick,

Being the FOHO that you are, have you used any of these Sweetcakes FO's in CP soap: Olive Blossom, Fall Foliage, or Fall Harvest? I didn't see any of them listed on the FO spreadsheet, so I'm wondering how they behave. Any input would be gratly appreciated!

Actually, I have not. However, I believe that I have Fall Harvest in my collection of Autumn type scents. As soon as I get a chance to soap again, I'll give it a try.

Hi Patrick. I'm a fellow FOHO. I feel your pain. I found myself yesterday ordering three different times, two from the same company, because I couldn't let go of the fact that I forgot one fo I wanted to try...so I had to order 6 more to meet the free shipping requirement.

There's always more fo's to try and those pesky bills can wait another week...I have issues.

To Patrick: My soapmaking brother from another mother -- I feel your pain! I am an FO FREAK! I swear there must be FO gnomes that come during the night and drop them off!

To Raingarden: "Olive Blossom" from Sweetcakes is one of my favorites. If you like that, you have to try Sweetcakes "Dewy Green Cactus," too!

Cheers!
Jim

Which reminds me.

Raingarden, if you are looking for a fall scent that truly captures an apple orchard, I don't think you will be disappointed with Fall Harvest. I made a 2 lb batch last Sat. The scent is crisp and "appley" OOB. But, it has undertones of ... well, the best way to describe it is the smell of leaves and apples that have fallen to the ground. Not the "moldy" decaying scent after they've gone rotten, but the sweet scent when the apples have just burst open. The scent stayed true in the soap batter and for the two days I was allowed to keep it.

My oldest son came home from deployment and instead of taking the soap that was already cured, he took the "Autumn Journey" (my name for the soap). Told me he realized he'd have to wait 6 weeks to use it, but he didn't think he'd be back before then and he would just "order you some more scent if you send me the link". Little stinker even plundered his brothers Abercrombie Fierce type scented soap too. So, I will have to ask him for updates about longevity, etc. as I forgot to hold a bar back.

Latest posts

Back