Hi, My Name Is Patrick And I'm A FOHO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am afraid to tell how many bottles of essential oil and fragrance oil that I have.:silent:

You can only be helped if you admit that you have a problem. lol. Seriously, I'm about to order some more FOs from my favorite supplier. Need X-Mas/Winter scents. 8)

It's so very easy to do. I even have at least 100 1 oz bottles. It's such an addiction. I need to restock some of my regulars but can't just walk away with what I need. There just isn't enough time to try all I want to do. Darn full time job keeps getting in the way.

hey Patrick...just wondering where you purchased Fall Harvest?

I got a lot of fragrances from a couple of soapers who were destashing since they were going out of business. Couldn't beat the prices.

But, Sweet Cakes sells the scent I was describing for Raingarden

I am afraid to tell how many bottles of essential oil and fragrance oil that I have.:silent:

I'm afraid to even count mine to be able to be in the position to tell anyone! :lol:

When I first started soaping, they all fit nicely in a little cupboard with lots of room to spare....... then I had to buy a separate cabinet with 3 shelves.....and now it's the cabinet, plus 9 large boxes!

I'm so proud of myself, though- I valiantly held myself back from ordering anything from the recent RA sale. It was very tough, let me tell you, but I made it through! Whew! ......But then last night, I ordered 7 large bottles of FO from various suppliers. lol It was stuff I was getting low on, though, so I have a good excuse.....at least this time ;).

IrishLass :)

Oh dear. It's obvious I'm merely a FoHo wannabe.

My modest collection of FOs fit into a peach crate with room left over. I realized I was getting too confused as my small collection grew a bit larger, so I'm trying hard to not overwhelm myself with too many choices. I do need to figure out a way to quietly put a few of the first FOs I bought out of their misery. They simply ... reek. I can't bring myself to soap with them, they smell so artificial and ugly.

I bow to y'all -- I'm in awe of your FoHo-ness!

A peach crate qualifies as FOHOishness. I think if you have more fragrances than you could possibly use in a month, and you find yourself thinking of ordering more, you must be a FOHO on some level (maybe one in denial). :D

Edit: Of course the above is just for us "hobbyists". Sellers have an excuse to indulge in being FOHOs. lol

200-400+? :Kitten Love:

I think I better climb in the boat with DeeAnna..I dont have that many....wow..I stand in awe

I think you can tell you are a FO HO pretty early on. I was only in the first couple dozens before I realized it was a problem, kept saying I was just going to work w/what I had, and here I am now w/a truly indecent amount that does not seem to lessen. As soon as I destash some I buy more and then am back to where I started. If not worse.

I really try not to buy samples anymore, just big bottles of stuff that I really like/love and know I will use over and over. And then a good sale comes along and the little "you can't afford *not* to check that one out right now" or "free postage!" voice starts up in my head ....

I'm right now trying to decide whether I should order more scents from one of my favorite suppliers or try Mike's. Actually, that's not true. I'm right now trying to keep myself from ordering more scents from one of my favorite suppliers "AND" trying Mike's. lol.

Just got back from dropping my daughter off for her Sophomore year at college and feeling a little "nostalgic". So, thought I'd make a soap with a scent that reminds me of how she "smelled" as a child. But, I don't think baby powder and bubble gum mix well ... sooooo ... TWO SOAPS! lol

I think you can tell you are a FO HO pretty early on. I was only in the first couple dozens before I realized it was a problem, kept saying I was just going to work w/what I had, and here I am now w/a truly indecent amount that does not seem to lessen. As soon as I destash some I buy more and then am back to where I started. If not worse.

I really try not to buy samples anymore, just big bottles of stuff that I really like/love and know I will use over and over. And then a good sale comes along and the little "you can't afford *not* to check that one out right now" or "free postage!" voice starts up in my head ....

I used to buy several 1 oz'rs to test out..but I decided awhile back that that was a waste of money really {in my head anyway} so I buy no smaller than 4 oz'rs now..I figure if I cant use it in soap, I can always make room sprays or put it in my oil candles.

I've missed all the sales this year due to my shoulder injury and lack of work, so maybe its a blessing in disguise? :lol:

Im still going to label myself as a FO HO cuz I LOVE them...Im just a FO HO on hold right now :razz:

J, I am glad you are buying less FO's, really. At some point - it has for me - it becomes guilt-making, it is expensive and - if you live in a small space like me, with a couple of crazy dogs, takes up too much space. Not glad to hear about the injury, though, it sounds like soaping might be especially good right now :sad:

Yea, injury was back in Sept 2014. Long story short..it's now a frozen shoulder :(

I miss soaping every day, and Im afraid if I dont use the FO's I have, they will go off on me..I know some have already changed colors which is a bummer..so Im forcing myself to get back into the groove lol

Once I can land some type of online job like I had, I can start buying again..and yup Im in a small place but I have room..and if I dont I'll make room hahaha

Patrick, thanks for the new nickname. I'm a FOHO for sure. It used to be called scent sl*t on another forum, but FOHO is so much better. I also collect EO's and micas so I might be a MIHO? I won't even bother with a nickname for essential oils let's just keep them in the same category.

Good to meet others who share the love of good smells! :thumbup:

Last edited:
You guys are making me laugh, but only because I can already tell that I will be joining your ranks at some point. Right now I'm just a wanna be.

Question though. Has anyone tried infusing FO into a carrier oil to stretch out the scent? And if so, did it work?

Latest posts

Back