Hi my name is Kris...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseofwool

Reaction score
and I haven't made soap in nearly 2 weeks and I feel twitchy.

AAAAND I got a shipment from Brambleberry with some new colorants and I cannot wait to try them out.

Not soon enough! This weekend I have my kids, next weekend I am helping my sister at a craft show, then I have the kids... So, to really play properly almost a month!

But, I did get the bee mold that was on sale at BB and I am going to make a batch of goats milk and honey because it is familiar and I know how it will react (for the most part - no need to summon gremlins).

In the mean time, I am off to research infusion rates for alkanet and madder root.

Have fun with your colorants. I've got madder root and alkanet. I love the madder root and just add it directly into my soap batter at light trace. I get a nice color with it. But that alkanet! I've only used it once and it ruined my whole batch turning it a weird grayish blue. Alkanet is a bit tricky and a lot depends on your oils you use for what color you will get.

Yes, I learned that with alkanet! I have been steeping some for a month and it is very pretty. It doesn't look good added straight! I got pigments this time around to play with!

Obviously, I have soaping on my mind because I dreamed that I made a batch but was panicking because I didn't remember melting down the palm oil.

Back