Hi! Kinda new member

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikcytazsor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking for a while and thought maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Katie, I’m 33 and live in Washington state, and I’ve been soaping for a year now. It all started last fall wanting to buy bath bombs- which I thought “that’s way too expensive, surely they are not hard to make”- after learning to make bath bombs on YouTube, I stumbled onto soap videos AND I WAS HOOKED (Its all Katie’s fault from Royalty soaps!). I have no idea why it is so addictive, my sisters (all 3) think I’m nuts, but once you start soaping you can’t stop! I’m not an artistic person so this is the only creative outlet I’ve had as a hobby, and I didn’t know how therapeutic it is to have an outlet! Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you for the wealth of information on this site, it’s been a great learning tool for me, and inspiring!

Katie

Last edited:
Welcome! I started with wax tarts after buying a brand name and they were so expensive wondered if I can make them cheaper.. then, like you, i stumbled on a video.Dean at Sentinel Candles making soap and here I am.

Welcome! I started with wax tarts after buying a brand name and they were so expensive wondered if I can make them cheaper.. then, like you, i stumbled on a video.Dean at Sentinel Candles making soap and here I am.

Haha! I love it :)

Welcome Katie, I see you have been in the forum for 9 months, just jump in and chat, the more we all talk the more we get to know each other.

Back