Hi, I'm Maddy!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerytech

Reaction score
I'm an amateur soap maker, just getting started! I've been interested in diy beauty for a few years now. It all started when I was a teenager. My family was really poor, and usually bought the cheapest body products available. I admit I was quite jealous and awed by my friends wide selection of amazing body products that promised beautiful, luscious hair or glowing, toned skin. When I realized you could make things yourself, it gave me hope that I, too, could be beautiful! Of course, now that i'm a bit older, health is more of a priority than simply my appearance... although I've found health is beautiful in and of itself! I'm a simple person, I like simple ingredients and simple fragrances. I've recently been working on a set of soaps for my home based around sunflower seed oil, the smell of which I've really fallen in love with! I am excited to explore the forums and figure out how soap really works, so I can build my own recipes. So far, I've followed the recipes of others, which has worked out fine (although I've yet to succeed in making glycerin, and my soaps seem to take longer to dry, probably the humidity considering I live on the Gulf Coast!) In the past, I've traveled and worked on farms, and I hope one day I'll be able to have my own full fledged herb and vegetable garden, complete with a goat and chickens! (An apartment is not conducive to this, although I have an herb garden!)

Back