Hi I am new to soap making.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am CLMP I'm new to this forum and very new to soap making with only a few batches under my belt. It's really nice to have others opinions and advice. So far I have made a wonderful coffee soap, roses soap, Irish spring soap also a almond honey oatmeal soap. They have turned out beautifully. So far I have learned cp soap making.
20221010_232943.jpg

I am driving my family nuts talking about soap all the time since I started making it. LOL
😅 Welcome to the addiction! Unfortunately, there is no "Soapers Anonymous". The good news is, that's the first stage, we've all been through it. The bad news is, it never ever stops! So just kiss your dear ones goodbye and dive in!
Welcome.gif

😅 Welcome to the addiction! Unfortunately, there is no "Soapers Anonymous". The good news is, that's the first stage, we've all been through it. The bad news is, it never ever stops! So just kiss your dear ones goodbye and dive in!
View attachment 69294
@CLMP I also forget that nobody else in my life appreciates the process of soap making, just the end result. I come here for validation and feedback, lol, as well as to learn from the masters! 😅

@CLMP I also forget that nobody else in my life appreciates the process of soap making, just the end result. I come here for validation and feedback, lol, as well as to learn from the masters! 😅
Lol some of my family members were up set when I said this will be a permanent hobby from now on lol mainly shhhhh the children even my adult child was like whatttt. Because now when I make soap I'm to busy to do stuff for them. Lol

Good Lord I want to eat that!! Nice job, you should feel extremely proud as a newbie! I love using brewed coffee for my lye solution. It smells horrendous when you add the lye, but I like the darkening effect it has. There's some talk that it helps to remove odors from your hands, not sure about that. With all due respect to my good friend @Zany_in_CO , as @KiwiMoose says, we ARE Soapers Anonymous but are the worst sponsors! :)

Lol some of my family members were up set when I said this will be a permanent hobby from now on lol mainly shhhhh the children even my adult child was like whatttt. Because now when I make soap I'm to busy to do stuff for them. Lol
I felt this. My friends are like, "How do you have time for these hobbies when you have two young kids?" And I'm like, "You don't understand, I NEED my hobbies when I have two young kids. Think of it as a brain palate cleanser after an entire day of play doh, Cocomelon, and Old Maid lol."

Good Lord I want to eat that!! Nice job, you should feel extremely proud as a newbie! I love using brewed coffee for my lye solution. It smells horrendous when you add the lye, but I like the darkening effect it has. There's some talk that it helps to remove odors from your hands, not sure about that. With all due respect to my good friend @Zany_in_CO , as @KiwiMoose says, we ARE Soapers Anonymous but are the worst sponsors! :)
Thank you I used brewed coffee too only I tried freezing my coffee in to ice cubes to add my lye to it, it said on line this avoids the bad smell and it worked great. I also added coffee bean fragrance it smells so good but a little more like chocolate so next time I will try espresso fragrance I heard on line that it's a better coffee smell.

I felt this. My friends are like, "How do you have time for these hobbies when you have two young kids?" And I'm like, "You don't understand, I NEED my hobbies when I have two young kids. Think of it as a brain palate cleanser after an entire day of play doh, Cocomelon, and Old Maid lol."
Yes, it is important for any person's mental health to find some time for themselves - whether it be for hobbies, reading, meditation or spiritual practice, excercsie, or simply time to think and have 'space'. Soap on!

EVERYONE needs a hobby...doesn't matter if you have a regular job or are retired or a SAHP. And hobbys don't have to cost a lot of money or take huge amounts of time. When I'm not working or making soap...I crochet, loom knit and needle knit and I read apocalyptic or science fiction. Even if that hobby is just taking 30 to 60 minutes every day to just be...we need that time to just be.

Hi I am CLMP I'm new to this forum and very new to soap making with only a few batches under my belt. It's really nice to have others opinions and advice. So far I have made a wonderful coffee soap, roses soap, Irish spring soap also a almond honey oatmeal soap. They have turned out beautifully. So far I have learned cp soap making.View attachment 69247
I would also like to mention that I think I stumbled opon the best coffee to use because I have heard of people complaining about that if they use to much coffee grinds it's to course and to scratchy and they use very little. Well the coffee I use has the finest coffee grinds I've seen its all most like dust and it makes the best exfoliating soap not to scratchy at all and I used 2 teaspoons for 3.3 p of soap and it was perfect. It's Lavazza coffee the gold pack. It also made a wonderful brew for my soap using a little more then half ice cubes and about 2 onces of the coffee I poured in with the ice cubes for my lye. It made such a wonderful lather.

Latest posts

Back