Hi I am a newbie!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne.reynolds922

Reaction score
I started making soap in October. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I have no idea where the desire even came from. I watched a few YouTube videos and jumped right in. I have made 20 or so batches of cold process soap. Definitely having an issue with fragrance lasting. The other day I made a batch of hot process using a crock pot and WOW what a difference. I think I'm hooked. Looking forward to learning more from everyone in this forum.

Welcome.gif

ADVICE TO BEGINNERS:
Take a cuppa along and explore the Beginners Forum to learn the things we talk about here.
Find the Beginners Learn to Soap Online thread. Scroll down to "Lovin' Soap Studio" for sage advice and clear instructions for making CP (Cold Process) and HP (Hot Process).

Use the Recipe Feedback Forum to get input for each batch you try before you try it. That's also a good place to pick up TIPS.

Making as many small batches as you can, as often as you can, will have you up and running with the best of us in about 4 months if you put the time and effort into it. It's best to avoid adding fragrance and color until you have a solid recipe ( or 2 or 3) that delivers every time you make it.

Finally, you will want to show off your soaps in the Photo Gallery. We LUV pictures -- even when a batch goes awry. Hopefully that won't happen, but if it does, see it as an opportunity to learn more. You can also use the Photo Gallery as a log of every batch you make. Include the recipe as well as your comments about how you processed it for future reference. I only wish I had that available to me when I first started making soap in 2003. It's a great way to chronicle your progress in the Wonderful World of Soapmaking!!!

HAPPY SOAPING! :tub:

Latest posts

Back