Hi guys!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So...I'm a recovering soap addict. I've been soap free for appx 2 yrs (maybe?). I used to be on here a ton and helped host the challenges. Life caught up with me, and I had to redirect my focus. Since it was a hobby, soap took a backseat. Actually, it was kicked to the curb.

I had problems not having internet at home there at the end when the forum changed. Photobucket changed as well, and I couldn't keep up with it all electronically. Since then I entered the modern age and finally got internet lol.

I've always been a serial hobby hopper. Like art, poetry, reading novels (and dreaming up my own), making soap and music. I get an itch and scratch it (artistically and hobby wise), then I flip to something new. I feel soap calling me back, and I have so many supplies I doubt many are still viable.

I will probably toss out that 2 year old avocado oil and do the sniff test on my lard I have yet to open. My coconut oil is probably good for another 20 years, and my sweet almond oil will probably have to say sayonara. My fo's will be put to the test, my optiphen as well (I'm guessing it's a no go by now), my shea shall receive a sniff too....but all that aside, I feel the soap calling me home.
Hey all my buds...I miss you newbie! cmzaha, shunt, irishlass, the gent, Darlene, dibbles, obsidian, deeanna (rockstar!), brewergeorge, earlene, Sonya, zany, relle and the Christmas countdown, carabou, penelopejane, misscheif, amd, Artemis...

Cheese and rice there's a TON of people I've missed. I have missed you all.

I am leaving town in less than a week for my mom's 80th, but hopefully the soap bug stays and I will be back in touch with new creations.

lp.

Probably was. I used to get fat trimmings from a grocery store and render it. It STINKS! The fam complained, and I couldn't blame them. I switched to lard because of it.

*Nauseating*

Hopefully it helped you.

I forgot, is Susie still here??? If so Hi!!!!!!!

Hey dibbles! I feel bad for cutting out, but life happened. I have so may fos going nuts in my closet, it is unreal! I'm thinking my first batch will be a redo of one I sent in a swap with eos. Those puppies still have a delicious scent yrs later and good bubbles to boot. I can not believe the eos held up this long, but goodness sake they did. I have a mold calling to me now lol! Thx for replying :)

And can I just say holy poop sticks! I've been so far away from soapy things for so long, I will have to study my old notes again lol! Wow. Hitting 40 yrs old does a number to your memory I suppose Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been a serial hobby hopper. Like art, poetry, reading novels (and dreaming up my own), making soap and music. I get an itch and scratch it (artistically and hobby wise), then I flip to something new. I feel soap calling me back, and I have so many supplies I doubt many are still viable.
lp.

I can so relate to this! I have bounced through many hobbies and for each one of them I completely immersed myself in it. A good many I burned out to the point where I never picked it up again and during a recent cross-country move I finally allowed myself to get rid of equipment and supplies for the activities I knew I'd never pick up again.

But - when it comes to body care, hair care, skin care - I know I'll never lose interest in making them. I may take breaks for a while (I live alone - at some point I have to stop creating and use up everything LOL) but I will always pick it back up again, with renewed energy.

I'm new around here, so nice to meet ya!

Nice to meet you too runnerchicki! I ran, when I was 16 (yrs ago), and would love to try it again. Another hobby! Unfortunately with joints like a broken toy nowadays I'd probably injure myself!

Nice to meet you too runnerchicki! I ran, when I was 16 (yrs ago), and would love to try it again. Another hobby! Unfortunately with joints like a broken toy nowadays I'd probably injure myself!

I am slowing down as I get older and have to be careful. I've run my whole life, but I'm 50 now and now I take as many rest days as I run. A day on, a day off - sometimes two :p. I get injured a lot so I don't race anymore. I just do it to burn some energy and for my sanity. I really should change my "handle" but I have no idea what else to call myself. I've been "runnerchicki" for as long as the internet has been in existence LOL.

LOL, wait until you are 60..er..something!
I'm 51 and it hit HARD last year for sure!

Hello LP.... I'm empty nesting it next month and am predicting a massive breakdown...its our 3rd child going to college so I started up with this soapy thing about 3 months ago.. got me hook, line and sinker. I'm fully addicted now and will be relying on it HEAVILY to get me through the transition of being a stay at home mom to a stay at home empty nester.
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
animated-welcome-image-0119.gif Back LP.
I often wondered what happened to you, so I am glad to know all is well and good. Sniff test the AVO it might surprise you, especially if it is an unopened bottle.

Last edited:
Welcome back! Your "rendering beef tallow" instructions are some I've referred to many times over the years and appreciated the tutorial! (but recently I tried soy wax in place of beef tallow and like it so hopefully this means I never need to render anything again lol)

Welcome back, lionprincess00! It's great to see you again. Hooray for getting internet working for you instead of struggling with it. I hate when that happens. And memory? I can't fathom the reason but I had a bad dream last night that I went to an ATM to withdraw money and forgot to take the money! The dream seemed to go on forever and I struggled to get back to the right street to to right ATM machine in hopes no one had taken my unclaimed money. Talk about a fear of memory loss (I suspect that was what it was about, but maybe it was really about something else to be revealed to me at a later date.)

Anyway your soaping notes should help and of course everyone here is extra special wonderful at reminding each other of the important to remember.

[QUOTE="lionprincess00, post: 780522, member:
And can I just say holy poop sticks! I've been so far away from soapy things for so long, I will have to study my old notes again lol! Wow. Hitting 40 yrs old does a number to your memory I suppose Haha![/QUOTE]

Welcome back, 40 is not old. It's only a number after all. Remember you are only as old as you feel or the people that feel you ( oops who said that:eek:).

Welcome back, Lionprincess! :) Several of my FOs are 6 or 7 years old (or even older), and they are still holding up well, so you might be in good shape with yours.

And memory? I can't fathom the reason but I had a bad dream last night that I went to an ATM to withdraw money and forgot to take the money! The dream seemed to go on forever and I struggled to get back to the right street to to right ATM machine in hopes no one had taken my unclaimed money. Talk about a fear of memory loss (I suspect that was what it was about, but maybe it was really about something else to be revealed to me at a later date.)

LOL. Ever since high school, I've had a recurring dream that revolves around me forgetting the combination to my school locker. The dream comes back to taunt me about once every few years. lol

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back