Hi From Utah

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
Hi, I am already an addict, and I have yet to unmold my first batch! I am simply giddy, and am going to try another tonight!

The question that I seem to get conflicting information on (or I am just reading wrong :lol: )is the pH readiness for CP soap. I was under the impression that you should not use CP soap for at least two weeks in order to neutralize. My soap did not "gel" first time around.

I look forward to soaking it all in around here, so to speak!
Cheers!

Welcome SimplyE, I too am a newbie... So no real help I'm afraid, but you will love it here there are many wonderful people.... .

Welcome!

A more experieneced CPer should be along soon to answer your question.

Welcome! From what I understand some people believe it is possible for the saponification process to continue after the initial 24 hours. I tend to wait a couple of weeks to allow for extra water to evaporate from the bar...making it harder and longer lasting. However, I do sample my soaps after cutting them (at the 24 hour mark) and not ever had any problems with the pH being too high (high enough to irritate the skin)

Hope this helps
Joanne

Latest posts

Back