Hi from Sydney, Australia!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ellen,

Yup, you're a soapy addict! ... Welcome aboard :)

Ooooh, Hi Johnray :)

(Kiwi, you can't win - you are outnumbered :p)

@Zany, the only time that much vegemite gets put on toast (open, not as a toast sanger :rolleyes:) is when it's for a foreign visitor such as yourself - just so we can watch your face :cool:
(The normal amount is miniscule - add an avo if you want texture, smashed avo and vegemite on sourdough toast ... yummmm!)

I don't add a miniscule amount - I pile it onto the butter (but it has to be butter). Yummy with spag bol and salad sanger as well. REALLY yummy with grilled cheese on top on toast :D - I have to stop now as I'm drooling over the keyboard.

Hi Ellen, from way over the other side of the country in Perth. Dont hold that against me as I grew up in rural NSW. Can you guess what sort of soap I make? lol

12243098_1112342958778550_53271180387117986_n.jpg

Hi everyone!

Thought I’d say hi and introduce myself.

I’ve just started soapmaking about a month and a half ago, and i’m OBSESSED! It has been a fun, useful and lovely skill to learn. This forum has been a godsend, I’ve been silently guest visiting for info/advice, but I thought it was time to join the party :)

So far, I’ve made 10 batches (as I said, obsessed!) and had some issues here and there, mostly superficial - soda ash, cracks, bubbles, etc., but so far they all seem pretty usable( 4 of them are at 4 week’s cure stage and are pretty good) My main issue is probably my lack of patience!

From what I’ve seen of the site, it’s seems like a wonderful place for ideas, inspiration and advice. I’m hoping once I get a bit better at it, I can contribute too.

Well that’s about it for now, look forward to chatting to you guys at some stage ☺️

Ellen
I am a relative newbie too and love the forum! Soap-making is truly an addiction-but one that we can live with. Welcome from Columbia, Missouri (originally Fayetteville, New York).

Last edited:
Okay. I was wrong about the cheese & peanut butter. :oops: Don't know where I got that idea. :confused: But Vegemite is made by Kraft, according to a bit of a google, so I at least got that part right.

Vegemite use to be owned by Kraft, but is now owned and made by Bega Cheese, an aussie company. Looks like google is behind the times.

Love my vegemite on toast or vita wheat with lot's of butter and squeeze it through the holes.:).

Vegemite was my one real pregnancy craving and I was eating by the teaspoonful. Generally I only use a small amount on toast. Yum. :)

Latest posts

Back