Hi from South Africa 🇿🇦

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizevt

Reaction score
Hi there all.
My name is Elize. I'm from Newcastle South Africa.
Iv been doing melt and pour for about 2 years now, it's easy peasy and fun to do.

But I have become very interested in CP soaps. I really want more flexibility in what I can add and what "flavor" soaps I can create.

Iv been doing a lot of research and studying the process and worked out a few recipes on the soap calculator, that I want to tryout.

I just ordered my oils online today. I'll pop into the shops to get my lye and tallow tomorrow.
Hopefully by the end of the week, I can try out my very first CP soap.

I hope it goes well. I feel confident that I have a good understanding on the process. But we'll see how it goes.

Im feeling super ambitious about CP soap making. I was looking at some of the past challenges.
I'd Love to try a challenge one day. It looks like fun.

Anyhoo. Iv learned so much just from lurking here on the forum. I really look forward to learning a bunch more from you all.
Thanks & Have a lovely evening.

Welcome, Elize! Be sure to post pictures of your new CP creations in the picture thread, or in the "What Soapy Thing Have You Done Today" thread!

Hi Elize
Welcome, this is my first post to the forum too. I normally just follow the interesting and helpful conversations on the forum. I thought we could connect and support each other. My name is Elize too, I was born and raised in the Northern Cape in South Africa but have been living in New Zealand for the last 15 years. I started making all kinds of soap (M&P; CP; HP Soap Scrubs, etc), 4 years ago as a hobby which then grew into an obsession It is a very expensive 'hobby' 🤑 to have... LOL🤣

Anyway, it was lovely meeting you and all the other lovely people on the forum.
Groete (Greetings)
Elize B, NZ

Hi there Elize.
Great to meet you.
I just made my first cold process soap today.

Im just making small 500g batches to test things out. I used a margerine tub as a mold.

I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow to unmold it and cut it tomorrow. I'm super excited.

I think I'm already hooked.
There is so many ideas I want to try.

I still need to study and learn more about hot process soap.
I just want to know how it is done. But I'm sure I'll still stick with cold process.

I'll be sure to post a photo of my cut soap tomorrow.
Sweet dreams.

Oatmeal and lavender soap decorated with cornflowers

Back