Hi from Shanksville PA (yes THAT Shanksville!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micki B

Reaction score
Hi all! Sooo since I joined I've been reading and reading threads trying to assimilate all the great info! I started soaping many many years ago with M&P but life got in the way and I put it aside. Now on the other side of many many years, I have the time and the resources to pick it up again. This time starting with CP and a little M&P on the side! I dove in head first ... and drowned! lol. Now I have started more slowly and have explored the internet thus stumbling upon this great forum! I have several newbie questions, some of which I have found the answers to here and some which have differing opinions. Mainly about lye to water ratios and soaping temps. I've been trying to come up with my own recipe without coconut or olive oil and am having hard time coming up with a good ratio of oils. I'd like to use Babassu, rice bran, palm oil, apricot oil, argon oil, mango butter and castor. I can add or subtract if someone else has a better idea. I still have many more threads to explore and am filling a notebook with great ideas! Happy Soaping!

Welcome.gif

Last edited:
Also, this person wanted to formulate a soap without OO or CO. The pretty much eliminates a basic trinity recipe. @lsg's proposed recipe is a good one.

Back