Hi from Pembrokeshire, West Wales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hils67

Reaction score
54CAABFB-B35F-4AE5-9379-B5EF58C3E441.jpeg
54CAABFB-B35F-4AE5-9379-B5EF58C3E441.jpeg
Hi everyone,

Thought I’d introduce myself. I’m a very newbie soaper.

My other half bought me a big bucket of oils and lye for Christmas. He said “I’ve got you a soap making kit as you said you fancied giving it a go”. So I opened the bucket and looked for the instructions, a recipe, tools. Hmmm none of those things were in there! So, onto the internet I go. I’ve watched so many videos. The Brambleberry Soap Queen has been brilliant. I learnt how to use the Soapcalc. I researched the properties of the different oils. I then saw a video of soap being made in a Pringles can. Well that soap was so pretty, I thought let’s give that a go. Remember I had no moulds or anything...or recipe. So I formulated a recipe, making use of nearly all my oils! And I made soap. Mine didn’t turn out quite as pretty...I used pink and orange swirled into the base and poured that into my Pringles can. The next day it was hard enough to unmould. I was so excited. I cut the rounds up. I successfully made a soap which looked just like spam!! But I was hooked. Looking forward to learning more and experimenting more

Welcome, Hils67!

Lol...I've ended up with a spam soap or two before as well. Yours look prettier (less Spam-ish), though.

IrishLass :)

Welcome, Hils67!

Lol...I've ended up with a spam soap or two before as well. Yours look prettier (less Spam-ish), though.

IrishLass :)
Thanks Irishlass :thumbs:

I was pretty pleased with my first effort. A few air bubbles, merged colours and the fragrance has almost disappeared...but it lathers nicely! I’m treating every soap as a learning curve :)

Back