Hi from northern mn

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakotaseas

Reaction score
:D I just want to say HI .I am a Mom with a little girl that has al sorts of allergies and we have to buy all sorts of soaps and so forth .I am thinking that it would be nicer if I could make my oun and I would know what is in it .....the only trouble is that I have never made soap or even seen anyone make soap but I am willing to learn .....so you will see me alot here and asking alot of qestions ....I hope to learn alot and make a few friends too .....thanks :wink:

welcome to the forum!! :)

Looking forwards to seeing all of your creations! I think itll be good for you because you can take your daughter (if you havent already) to a practitioner (naturopath phys.?) and they can do tests to see which things shes allergic to, which oils and such. then you can use the ones shes not allergic to in the soap! :)

Welcome to the forum.... Once you are up to speed with the safety requirements for soapmaking, then I say jump right in with some small batches... It really is very easy, I agonized for a long time before making my first batch, and I was like, Huh? that's it??? To me the most difficult part was recognizing a trace since I didn't have anyone to show me or any close classes.. I overmixed for a long time...(my soap was still usable, it was just more difficult to get in the mold) Try not to get overwhelmed with all the ingredients and equipment out there.. you only need a very little to get started.

We'll all be here to support you!

Well welcome, some of us started making our own soap for the very same reasons you are talking about. Just make sure you know what your daughter is allergic to and you will be on your way! We are all here to help, just ask!

Latest posts

Back