Hi from North Carolina

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just learning about soap making. I have made a few batches. I have tried CP, HP and melt and pour. I love all three. I started with MP because of my dad. He has vitiligo, he's in his 80's and he's a type 1 diabetic. He loves goats milk and oats. Everything makes him itch. I have dry skin myself so we are forever on the hunt for the great "gentle soap" lol I have been getting your emails for a while and I read your post daily. I am looking forward to learning more from you guys. And thank you for sharing so much. The good and the bad. And Punkasue is a nickname my father gave me as a baby. See ya round, Punkasue

Welcome! That's awesome that you want to help your dad feel better. :)

I also started soaping due to skin issues in our family. For us what works best is high lard, low CO/PKO, and very little OO or palm. Including neem oil and colloidal oats really helps my husband's skin, too. I'm about to experiment with pine tar just to see how that might work for him, as well.

Have fun while exploring what works for you and for your dad.

Welcome.gif

Back