Hi from Newzealand

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampy

Reaction score
Hi
I thought it was about time I joined up here.
I only recently got into soap making after thinking of things to use all my excess honey and beeswax from my hives for.After two smallish batches to try things out(One honey and oats and one Irish cream coffee)I finally did my first real batch.Hooked now and going to be doing a lot more.

Oh lordy honey from NZ - what a wonderful thing to have an excess of!!
And does your beeswax smell of angels singing? I would so use that in body butter or balm or lotion too. And candles!!

Anyhow welcome :)

Hi there Swampy ... I see you're from our very own seventh state! ... WELCOME :D :D

We Aussies get confused here for Kiwis ... but we're all family right? ... :p

Welcome from the South Island :)

Nice.Where do you find is the best place to get your oils/fats from?
I have just been getting the liquid oils(Olive and Avocado) from countdown and solid fats and pigments/fragrance oils from Zen Designs in Tauranga.:)

Nice.Where do you find is the best place to get your oils/fats from?
I have just been getting the liquid oils(Olive and Avocado) from countdown and solid fats and pigments/fragrance oils from Zen Designs in Tauranga.:)

I buy olive oil and rice bran oil at the supermarkets when ever it is on special (pac' n save) is selling olive oil at $6L at the moment. Zen designs for castor oil and Shea butter, cocoa butter, avo oil...... Davis trading sells coconut oil (and some others). If you buy bulk they can be very cheap. Fresh choice sells lard, a local butcher might be able to help you there as well :) Kiwi Soapmakers on Facebook is a great source of info for us NZ soapers

I buy olive oil and rice bran oil at the supermarkets when ever it is on special (pac' n save) is selling olive oil at $6L at the moment. Zen designs for castor oil and Shea butter, cocoa butter, avo oil...... Davis trading sells coconut oil (and some others). If you buy bulk they can be very cheap. Fresh choice sells lard, a local butcher might be able to help you there as well :) Kiwi Soapmakers on Facebook is a great source of info for us NZ soapers

Cool,will check them out.I actually bought some of that olive oil from P&S the other day.It was $6.99 for 1 lt in a red tin.It is a blend of refined olive oil and virgin.It has a very close use by date on it,July of this year I think.I haven't used any yet,hopefully it is still good.The wife keeps stealing my Virgin oil so I may have to use it soon.

Back