Hi from New York!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephswan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I should have done this before I even posted a question, so my apologies.
I'm Stephanie - new soaper here! Really excited about this new hobby and the community this forum provides - everyone has already been so helpful and it's been nice to see all the beautiful soaps everyone is making.

I have been unemployed now (fashion industry is tough!) for over a year and last year was me just trying to get through my depression (nothing was holding my interest), then I found soaping and have been out of my funk ever since! I eventually want to make this hobby into a small business, but for the next year, I just want to learn and experiment as much as I can. I'm soaping in our tiny home in the catskill mountains of NY where it's freezing in the winter and humid AF in the summer. I am trying to do 1 soap a day (16 oz moulds right now) during the week, as we tend to go camping on the weekends (Hi to all my outdoor peeps!).

It's so nice to meet you all and thanks for this incredible journey.

Welcome @stephswan. Fellow New Yorker here. I am in Long Island. I too have used soaping as a way to combat some issues with depression. Something very soothing about the whole process even though sometimes I do get stressed out about results and planning.

Welcome.gif

me just trying to get through my depression (nothing was holding my interest), then I found soaping and have been out of my funk ever since!
I make soap to keep my sanity and it's cheaper than therapy! :D

View attachment 56626

I make soap to keep my sanity and it's cheaper than therapy! :D
LOL - I literally was telling my therapist today, "honestly, since I've taken up soaping...i'm fine now. I don't know what to talk to you about..." Thank you all for being SO KIND and helping new soapers like me!

@SoapDaddy70 yay with another NY'er! (although I feel a little like a fraud as I'm from Los Angeles originally, but have been in the city for 10 years now).

@KimW - I LOVE that you guys are still going out even if it's in a cute cabin! (i will admit, when we are camping in thunderstorms, I always think to myself, we should have just gotten a hotel lol).

Latest posts

Back