Hi from Miami

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathy0727

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm a super newbie to the soap making world. Still haven't made any soap have just been researching and reading for two months. I'm particularly addicted to this forum. So much great info on everything & great people too. Just wanted to say hi, thank you in advance for all your help and I apologize for any silly amateur questions.

I'm interested in making cp soap and once I've mastered it in the far future I'd like to get into candles, lip balms, bath bombs and more.

Can't wait to get started. Both scared and excited.

Hi Cathy and welcome! :wave: The only silly, amateur questions are the ones you don't ask so fire away when you're ready!

ETA: What are your fears? Hopefully we can cut them off at the pass before they become huge!

Last edited:
Thank you both! I'm building up the anticipation with everything I'm reading. So much to learn, haven't dared do my first batch yet.

Great meeting you guys.

Welcome K, and there are some great people here. You've come to the right place. By the way I'm a newbie too. Also make sure you watch as many soap making video's as well. I'm personally a visual person, so I prefer seeing how things are done too.

I'm scared of the endless possibilities. I've never done this so I don't know which things mix well with others. Worried I'll mix something horrible. Also, I still don't get the soap calcs. Seems like they'd be great when u already know what you're doing but for me I'm just plugging random numbers. For now I'm going to start making others recipes from a few books I bought & we'll go from there.

For now reading a lot, stalking the forum & watching tons of videos.

I'm scared of the endless possibilities. I've never done this so I don't know which things mix well with others. Worried I'll mix something horrible. Also, I still don't get the soap calcs. [emoji17] Seems like they'd be great when u already know what you're doing but for me I'm just plugging random numbers. For now I'm going to start making others recipes from a few books I bought & we'll go from there.

For now reading a lot, stalking the forum [emoji3] & watching tons of videos.

I say this a lot, but read back through the beginners, cp and recipe sections for as far as you can handle, because you'll see a lot of good advice as well as some corrected bad advice which will help you to build up a picture of what goes well in which circumstances.

Thank you both! Great forum, so much info and so many helpful people.
That's what I've been doing EFG. Then I discovered all the sections and I've been jumping back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Cathy! It can all be confusing at first, but once you've finally put feet to all your reading and note-taking by actually trying your hand at it (using a good/trustworthy beginner recipe), I promise you'll be addicted in no time!

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back