Hi from Hong Kong

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paragon

Reaction score
Hi! I've made a lot of things myself, either to save money, to get something better quality than I could buy, or to save time--but never all three. Making a bed was a pain but it never squeaked, and the bolts on the corners had a nice steampunk look. And my bathroom night lights are perfect for seeing when your eyes are perfectly darkness-accustomed and will go almost a year without recharging, but I could have bought a generic night light for less than the cost of one battery.

Anyway, I've started making soap to let the experimentalism/DIY into another area of my life. For some years I've diluted Dawn and SLS to make foaming dish soap, but I've graduated to making shower and hand soap, due to not wanting to let my partner one-up me too much with all her home made or indie stuff.

At present I've made three soap batches: NaOH bars for hand washing, showering, or shaving. I'm too purist for M&P and too aggressive for swirls. Relevant background is homebrewing and a bit of chemistry.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome.gif

Hi Paragon,
I lived in HK 1968-70 as an accompanying spouse with my first hubby who worked for Caterpillar Far East. Unfortunately, he fell in love with a winsome Chinese lady and dumped me. :(
Went back 20 years later almost to the exact date with my second hubby who worked for an International Design & Construction company 1988 - 1989. Loved it! I was surprised how much Cantonese I remembered from the first experience. Came in handy when shopping the food and flower markets.

Are you an expat?

Back