Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie Joe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a beginner at soap-making, I've only made one small Hot Process batch so far which I will link in the replies (once I have written about it).
I'm a technician of many varieties including electrical, mechanical, theatrical, Reiki (2), musical (guitar), alternative energies, and have lots of interests including photography, metal detecting, health, comedy, jewelry making, prototype making, etc.
Please feel free to ask me anything about these things, I share my knowledge freely with those who want to know.
I like to think outside the box when I can, so expect a few far-out ideas that may seem unusual or impossible at first glance.
I'm usually found in DIY and hardware shops or cycling around.
The current project I'm making is a portable welding / cutting / melting machine that uses water as fuel (hho).
Have a good day :)
Joe

Last edited:
Hello Techie Joe and welcome to the forum. Gosh, you're a man of many talents! Do let us know how your first HP batch turns out and post some pictures of it. :)

Welcome, @Techie Joe. Somehow, I'm conjuring up an image of your soap in the shape of a guitar (like the box of Mozartkugeln chocolates), with wires and jewellery surprises embedded inside (like a fortune cookie)! I'd better bookmark your profile; I may have questions for you almost every day! :D

Thanks.
Great idea for a bar of soap Nanditasr, a guitar with precious stones in it, I might skip the jagged metal though :)

Your going to fit right in! :)

Welcome aboard.

Curiosity ... how are you generating the electricity to create the HHO, and why is this more efficient that directly using the electricity itself?
(or is it an exercise for just the doing of it? ... in which case just ignore the question and enjoy! :D)

Hi everyone,
I'm a beginner at soap-making, I've only made one small Hot Process batch so far which I will link in the replies (once I have written about it).
I'm a technician of many varieties including electrical, mechanical, theatrical, Reiki (2), musical (guitar), alternative energies, and have lots of interests including photography, metal detecting, health, comedy, jewelry making, prototype making, etc.
Please feel free to ask me anything about these things, I share my knowledge freely with those who want to know.
I like to think outside the box when I can, so expect a few far-out ideas that may seem unusual or impossible at first glance.
I'm usually found in DIY and hardware shops or cycling around.
The current project I'm making is a portable welding / cutting / melting machine that uses water as fuel (hho).
Have a good day :)
Joe

Your going to fit right in! :)

Welcome aboard.

Curiosity ... how are you generating the electricity to create the HHO, and why is this more efficient that directly using the electricity itself?
(or is it an exercise for just the doing of it? ... in which case just ignore the question and enjoy! :D)
Hi, thanks for the welcome and the question

The electricity for the HHO will be coming straight from a 12 Volt charger for a car. I wanted something dependable with enough Amperage to make lots of gas. The point of that project is to make an efficient device and generate Brown's gas to melt stones, crystals and metals for prospecting and alchemy.

In the future I want to make a version that runs on a small square battery, for portable welding and cutting, and another version for the shed that runs on crystal batteries I'm making.

If you are generating your own electricity and have a battery bank, you might explore technology such as the Newman motor, which charges its own battery, and the Bedini motor (SSG) which charges batteries at no cost and can also rejuvenate a battery from "dead", or so I have heard.

Welcome TJ :), you'll never get bored with all those interests.
white-rabbit-smiley-emoticon.gif

.... a portable welding / cutting / melting machine that uses water as fuel (hho)

... how are you generating the electricity to create the HHO, and why is this more efficient that directly using the electricity itself?

If you were to use electricity directly to accomplish welding, cutting and melting, you'd be talking about making 3 separate machines; an arc welder which you can make using a microwave oven transformer, a plasma cutter, also made with a transformer, and an electric kiln which, surprisingly, can be made with a transformer. Its more efficient to have one machine that can do those things.

So because I don't have 3 ovens to scrap, I don't want to wind my own transformer, and I want to contribute to the development of this suppressed technology, I chose to make a HHO generator. Apparently the HHO flame burns hotter than any other flame including a welding torch, we're talking thousands of degrees C.

Most projects can be made at home with a few video tutorials and commonly available materials. Almost everything can be made from scratch aswel, but there are some precision things which are better new, depending on the thing your making, such as magnet wire, skateboard bearings and magnets once you decide on the size and configuration.

Thank you for the very nice welcomes everyone.

Chemistry isn't my strong suit and I still have a way to go yet in learning this stuff, but I will tell you a couple of things I have learned from engineering that I think hold true over many disciplines.

I'm up for experimenting with ingredients and methods but many ingredients are very hard to get for me so I will be sticking to those that I can get locally, which I believe is always a good idea no matter what your making.

Simple is usually better aswel, as simple as possible but no simpler.

No sweat, I will try to reduce the amount of effort required for certain tasks. For example I would rather soak dishes for 5 minutes then scrub for 30 seconds, than scrub for 5 minutes and be exhausted.

Another thing is convenience (I know it is an addiction nowadays), I portion my ingredients based on my mould size (usually around 1 liter (quart)), and the size of the packet or jar it comes in, so I don't have lots of half empty wrappers hanging around.

Anyway, I will stop rambling and get on with it.

Last edited:
Back