Hi from almost rural Virginia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suitedreemz

Reaction score
So much information on these forums, I've been reading for days! I've been making CP goat milk soap for a little over three years, and I suspect I will always feel like a beginner (I don't mind). I have been inspired and excited to read what others are doing in their craft, and I look forward to learning and sharing more.
Making soap was initially a way to use up extra milk from my three cranky dairy goats, and I loved the process so much it has become quite the hobby (obsession).
Happy soaping!

Hi, and welcome! :hippo:

I think you have experienced the very same thing we all have, made soap once or twice and discovered it is such a rewarding hobby to have. To make something that is fun and usefull!

I love goatsmilk soaps too. I don`t have a goat so I purchase local goatsmilk and it turns into a creamy, dreamy soap that is super nice. But you have goats yourself (lucky!) It makes totall sense to make soaps:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried making goat's milk lotion

I haven't tried lotion, and thank you for the video link. I tweaked my original CP recipe for about a year and a half before I was satisfied, and even now I buy at least one soap from every goat milk vendor at market just to compare (and enjoy.) I think I may be comfortable adding to my skill set soon, and it's just amazing the many different body products that are being crafted. Thanks again!

waving-good-afternoon-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif

Welcome, I love GM soap. I make a plain one and a lemongrass one, but not fresh GM, only carton GM from the supermarket. I use to get a lovely GM cheese from a farmers market - yum.

Latest posts

Back