Hi everyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wintersnow

Reaction score
Hello from Oklahoma. I'm new to soap making and am looking forward to learning from you all and sharing my successes and boo boos with you.

I do have one question to start with. I live near Tulsa, OK and am having the hardest time finding a local supply for lye. I've called every hardware store in and around Tulsa and no they don't carry, what are you making drugs with it, attitude, attitude. I even tell them I'm a soap maker but the tone in their voice goes from cheery to dripping when I ask for lye. Give me a break ... lol.

Anyone in the Tulsa area know were I can buy lye?

Hi, welcome to SMF wintersnow! We are a great little, well fast growing soap making community! We all share the same love for this art, craft, profession. You are most welcome here! We live in Springfield, MO just down the road 2 hours from you! Cool!!!
I have 80 pounds in storage, bought it in FL before we moved back to MO in April. There are sever online suppliers....AAA, Boyer, to name a couple of the less expensive web sites. Glad you are with us, ENJOY! :D

Paul.... :wink:

Hi Paul. I drive through your town about twice a year on my way to northern Illinois to visit my dad.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Wintersnow said:
Hi Paul. I drive through your town about twice a year on my way to northern Illinois to visit my dad.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Well, thats is great! :) Next time you come through, PM me and we can swap soap or B&B and grab a cup of coffee! The DW and I love meeting soapiers in person!

Hi WinterSnow!

Nice to meet you.. Dont feel bad, they say the same around this way about the drugs :roll:
You can always buy it from a soap supplier... Im not sure about the ones out your way.. Im more than sure Paul can help you with that!

Welcome!

Wintersnow said:
I do have one question to start with. I live near Tulsa, OK and am having the hardest time finding a local supply for lye. I've called every hardware store in and around Tulsa and no they don't carry, what are you making drugs with it, attitude, attitude. I even tell them I'm a soap maker but the tone in their voice goes from cheery to dripping when I ask for lye. Give me a break ... lol.

Anyone in the Tulsa area know were I can buy lye?

Here are the links to the better online lye prices:

AAA Chemical------ http://www.aaa-chemicals.com/30-pounds-naoh-fg.html

Even though I have not done business with him, a buddy of mine who makes soap says AAA is A-! OK!

Boyer Corp.----- http://www.boyercorporation.com/index.html

You have to call their toll free number to order, but I hear good prices and are in IL, fairly close. HTH's!

Back