Hi, another newbie joining

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarenP

Reaction score
Hi I am Karen and I am new here. I live in southern Indiana and I have been interested in learning to make candles for quite some time. I have always loved candles but disappointed in the store-bought ones, the scent never seems to last very long.

My interests include sewing; I design and make ferret bedding, I also make crochet ferret eggs and my bedding and eggs have gone all over the US and to 6 foreign countries so I think that says something about my quality and eye for color. My other interests include my cats, a desire to learn about making candles and maybe also soap and body lotions, our ferrets, writing, and my wonderful hubby. :D

I previously worked as a medical transcription editor but I can't work anymore; I messed up my back very badly last year. Since I have a web site that I sell my bedding and eggs from, I was wanting to learn to make candles and soap to add to my site. I really do like candles and wonderful smelling bath products. I am investing some time into researching this and learning as much as I can about it before I put out the money to actually try to make the products. I hope to learn as much from all of you here at this site as I can. I hope you will be patient with my 10,000 questions. :D

Stop by my site and meet all my ferrets. :D

http://www.derbyeggsandmore.com/

Hi and welcome, Karen! :D

That is so cool that you're having great success with the ferret bedding and eggs (how cute, I never heard of that :wink: )!
I'm sure you'll like it here and you'll soon discover how addicting it can be making B&B stuff!

We have a bunch of real soap pros (I just started ~ 6 months ago myself so I'm considering myself being a newbie 8) ) who'll surely help you out with any questions and suggestions.

Looking forward to get to know you better! :D

Hi Karen, good to have you at our forum! :D We love chatting soap, B&B, candles, anything like that. I started 4 years ago as a chandler, kept it up for 3 years before I just slowed down my candle business, and went solely to goat milk soaps & lotions. Be talkin with ya!

Paul... :wink:

Thanx to everyone for the warm welcome. :D I have been Googling for a good part of the day looking at candle products, soap making products, and molds.

A couple of things I am on the hunt for in particular are some certain molds, not sure I can even find any but I am looking. I also have a great passion for lighthouses; my office is loaded with lighthouse things, I have a total of 14 of them on my desk and work center.... :lol: :lol: Hubby always knows what to get me if he is at a loss for a gift for my birthday or Christmas. :D :D I am looking for a detailed lighthouse mold for making candles. Also looking for a mold for ferrets, a unicorn, and the rainbow; I want to try to make a candle with the rainbow on it and make it into a memorial candle for people who have lost pets. A Rainbow Bridge mold would be even better but I figure that would be too much to hope for. :cry: If anyone knows where I could find these molds, please let me know.

I think I am going to like this board, everyone seems very warm and friendly. :D

~Karen

Latest posts

Back