Hi All!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sadmomma

Reaction score
So I've been lurking here for about 3 years now and have gotten a lot of good info here but never really had anything to say until now.

After 2-3 years of formulating, making and testing cp soap (and a few other skincare items) I finally decided this was the year to start selling. I applied for a booth at a popular craft fair and was approved! I've been soaping like crazy for months now to have products for the fair and just finished my inventory list last night for the fair next weekend. Now I'm feeling a little lost, like I don't know what to do next, or even if there is anything to do. So I thought I'd finally say hi to all the folks here that unknowingly helped me along my soapy journey and say thank you.

My son committed suicide in 2015 and I joined a bunch of online support groups to help me and that's the name I came up with at the time. Now it's my name on everything, mostly so that I won't forget my login information but I'm also still a little sad.

Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your son - I can't imagine going through that.

As far as the craft fair, I don't sell at markets so am not much help with that but plenty of people here do exactly that and I'm sure will be happy to help you out. If it's an outside market, I imagine a tent would be in order. And a table unless it is provided. ;) Wishing you success with your first time!

My mom is actually doing the fair. She's sales and I'm production and she's put about as much time and energy into figuring out how to work the circuit so I'm not really worried about it. I just don't have anything to do,lol! At least until we see how it goes next weekend.

Thanks about my son. It's actually how I ended up soaping. In my greif I decided to go on a "spiritual journey" that led me to some less than "mainstream" spiritual groups where harmony with nature is a big deal. I made my first batch of soap while visiting a commune where we made lye solution out of rain water and ashes and I was sold! Not so much on the imprecise lye solution but the process itself. The creativity of it all is very healing.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I don't think a parent ever completely gets over the loss of a child. Good on ya for seeking a positive life despite the sadness you carry. Let us know how that market goes!

Welcome.gif

I've been soaping like crazy for months now to have products for the fair and just finished my inventory list last night for the fair next weekend. Now I'm feeling a little lost, like I don't know what to do next,
Take a break and relax for a bit. It will all crank up again sooner than you think!
My son committed suicide in 2015
Healing Hug.jpg

I made my first batch of soap while visiting a commune where we made lye solution out of rain water and ashes
Oh my. I'm SO impressed! I've been soaping since 2003. At the beginning of my soapy journey a friend brought me a bucket of ashes from his fireplace so I could try that. Never happened. 🤣 Good for you!
My mom is actually doing the fair. She's sales and I'm production and she's put about as much time and energy into figuring out how to work the circuit so I'm not really worried about it. I just don't have anything to do,lol!
That's wonderful! What a great Mom!

You may want to show off your soaps in the Photo Gallery. We LUV pictures!!! I only wish I had that available to me when I first started making soap. It's a great way to chronicle your progress in the Wonderful World of Soapmaking!!!

HAPPY SOAPING! AND THE BEST OF LUCK NEXT WEEKEND! :hippo::hippo::hippo:

Back