Hi All

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattR

Reaction score
Hi All. I'm Matt, from Newcastle in Australia. I won't bore you with the details of why I started making soap a whole 8 weeks ago, or how quickly I've come to enjoy the process.
I jumped straight in to CP, and being Male, working mostly with beer. Successful so far, using proven recipes, and success in sales and marketing, with my first counter display being shipped out to the first of 6 chemists this week.
I look forward to reading the posts, and learning more.

WelcometotheGroupCup.gif

Hi All. I'm Matt, from Newcastle in Australia. I won't bore you with the details of why I started making soap a whole 8 weeks ago, or how quickly I've come to enjoy the process.
I jumped straight in to CP, and being Male, working mostly with beer. Successful so far, using proven recipes, and success in sales and marketing, with my first counter display being shipped out to the first of 6 chemists this week.
I look forward to reading the posts, and learning more.

Please, tell us! We love "this is why I started soaping" stories! Also, pictures?

I haven't yet made beer soap, but I tried a bar from a fellow member and really liked it!

Welcome! Wow, I've been making soaps since January and I'm nowhere ready to sell! I've still got way too much to learn.

Welcome, MattR. Are you also a chemist?
Hi Earlene. Negative. I own and run a burger shop. As well as a Beard Products company, which is how I started making soap!

Please, tell us! We love "this is why I started soaping" stories! Also, pictures?

I haven't yet made beer soap, but I tried a bar from a fellow member and really liked it!
Hi dixiedragon. It started when my wife went on holidays to Vietnam. I took the opportunity to not shave for a few weeks. This led
20180417_163037.jpg
me to purchasing a few different beard products, which led me to making my own, to me thinking to myself, I should really be selling this stuff. Hence my Beard Products company started. And from that, Beard Soap, or Beer'd Soap. I had a small display on the counter of my shop with the various oils, balms and soaps in there, and a state purchasing officer for a chemist chain came in for a burger, saw the soap, smelled it, and took some home. called me 2 days later and informed me she wanted a counter display ready in a week. That was last Friday.

Welcome! Wow, I've been making soaps since January and I'm nowhere ready to sell! I've still got way too much to learn.
I wasnt really worried about soaps that were pretty, with different patterns and colours. Men were and are my target market. They arent after pretty. The soap I make strips oils, dirt and grease. They're a very hard bar, with coffee grinds as an exfoliant. I'll leave the pretty stuff to the ladies ;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Earlene. Negative. I own and run a burger shop. As well as a Beard Products company, which is how I started making soap!

Hi dixiedragon. It started when my wife went on holidays to Vietnam. I took the opportunity to not shave for a few weeks. This ledView attachment 29947 me to purchasing a few different beard products, which led me to making my own, to me thinking to myself, I should really be selling this stuff. Hence my Beard Products company started. And from that, Beard Soap, or Beer'd Soap. I had a small display on the counter of my shop with the various oils, balms and soaps in there, and a state purchasing officer for a chemist chain came in for a burger, saw the soap, smelled it, and took some home. called me 2 days later and informed me she wanted a counter display ready in a week. That was last Friday.

I wasnt really worried about soaps that were pretty, with different patterns and colours. Men were and are my target market. They arent after pretty. The soap I make strips oils, dirt and grease. They're a very hard bar, with coffee grinds as an exfoliant. I'll leave the pretty stuff to the ladies ;):D
Well, I hate to tell you this...they are pretty. lol

Back