Hi, all

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was told to sign up by a family member and so far so good. I've only made one batch of soap so far but I have questions about soap properties that will be asked later.

I don't want to go into the business of soap making; I just want to make soaps for my child that take her allergies into consideration. That said, for her, I cannot make anything with coconut oil or common tree nuts for that matter. I also can't lie: I want to make my own soaps because they would end up being more cost efficient with the moisturization that my skin loves.

Welcome Arimara

Have fun making soap. Soap won't moisturize your skin as it's a wash on, wash off product.

Thank you both and I get what you mean, relle. I actually meant that it's NO WHERE near as drying as Dove and a few other soaps I've used are. Thank you for correcting me. :)

Good luck with the cost efficient aspect! Lol. You'll get sucked in and end up making more than you'll ever use. Nothing wrong with that, of course

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. Many people make soap for the same reasons. Of course, it is easier to keep costs down when you are making soap for a specific purpose.

There are some lovely non-nut oil options (such as LARD!) so there will be something that will work

Latest posts

Back