Hi again :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie

Reaction score
Just started soaping again after 1 1/2yrs. Had a busy summer, then got pregnant (exhausted!) then had a baby (sleep deprived!) and another busy summer.

Found a jug of masterbatched lye and couldn't resist the old urge. Handed baby to DH as soon as he walked in the door and made a batch in 1/2hr, set-up to clean-up. Whew! Ok, I can justify that amount of me time!! So I am officially back to the good ol' CP obsession.

Glad to see a bunch of familiar names and a bunch of new characters too!

Welcome Millie! I’m impressed that you can make soap in 30 minutes. I am super slow.
Thanks! And only with masterbatched lye! Just a one pound batch with an old FO tester, so the oils melted fast.

I think it took me so long to get back into soaping 'cause I thought it would take me half a day. I used to get the kitchen spotless first, then set up my table, fuss with lining molds, then do a few batches, then clean everything twice.... I was surprised I got it done so quickly this time. Started the oils melting, threw down a plastic garbage bag to protect the table, grabbed a silicon mold, ta-da! But the next batch will be full sized with some fussy mold lining work and more planning for swirls.

Thanks! And only with masterbatched lye! Just a one pound batch with an old FO tester, so the oils melted fast.

I think it took me so long to get back into soaping 'cause I thought it would take me half a day. I used to get the kitchen spotless first, then set up my table, fuss with lining molds, then do a few batches, then clean everything twice.... I was surprised I got it done so quickly this time. Started the oils melting, threw down a plastic garbage bag to protect the table, grabbed a silicon mold, ta-da! But the next batch will be full sized with some fussy mold lining work and more planning for swirls.
It sounds like you’ve got it down. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back