Hi again, everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabadgley

Reaction score
Hi long lost friends!

I am almost embarrassed to post again, it has been so long since I've logged on. We had a big year last year - my husband finished up graduate school in FL in October, and we have relocated to St. Paul, MN, where he landed a post-doctoral position at The U. of MN on the St. Paul campus. Sacred Suds is back up and running after the transition, and now that we're settling in (after a year of wondering, "where will we end up? how will it be to move our kids? what about schools?" blah blah blah) I'm ready to settle into a new routine with Sacred Suds. Preferably one that turns a profit! We're really close to being in the black after a year and half in business (squeezing it in between my primary duties as Mom and Domestic Goddess), so I'm pretty psyched about that.

Anyway, if y'all will still have me after being away so long, I'm looking forward to exploring the differences between soaping in a hot climate and a cold one. I have a feeling it's going to be quite different. I've already made the discovery that bread baking takes a lot longer here. I can't just set my dough out on the porch to rise, and rising time is nearly doubled! Anyway, I guess I'll need to get a chisel to extract my coconut oil from it's giant bucket.

I'm looking forward to interacting here with y'all again, and touching base with any other MN/northern clime soapers.

smiles,
Andrea

You have really had a lot of life changes to deal with! Best wishes with your recent move and business.

Will be very interested in hearing how your soaping goes in a different climate.

Jude :)

Hi again, nice to see you back!

I suppose you may notice the Florida humidity more than the heat....soap may take longer to dry up. (I have a cousin who lived there many years, and is now in CA where it's hot and dry).

Good luck with your new life! Sounds wonderful.

Back