Hey y'all!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm Megan. I'm living on the East Coast of the U.S. and I am thinking about getting into soap making! I'm super excited, but also slightly overwhelmed with the plethora of information out there on the big wide web. Hopefully I can figure something out and start sometime within the next 6 months!

Welcome to the forum.
Watch “soaping 101” videos on YouTube and look at the recipes on her website.
Read back and take notes on this forum. That is all you need!

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Don’t believe everything you read.

Welcome Megan :).
There was no forum when I started and little info in books, as IL suggested, start reading back in the forum, it's all at your finger tips. It took me 6 months before I even made soap, creating notes and reading to get the basic info in your head is a good thing, but nothing is like making your first batch, you'll never forget it.

Welcome, I’m a new soap maker too. I did a lot of research as well and was quite intimidated and nervous to make my first batch, but as long as you educate yourself and follow the safety protocol you will be fine. Just start with a simple recipe. It’s not hard and once you get that first batch under your belt it’s quite addicting! Have fun!

Latest posts

Back