Hey there

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catFish

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a couple months into soap making. I've referenced this forum tons of times while researching for formulating recipes, figured I'd finally come on and join myself. I started making soap partly from pandemic-induced-boredom, mostly from pigheaded determination to make everything from scratch, partly because I have super dry/sensitive skin, with sensory issues to boot. I had been using handmade soaps for a while, but I had a hard time finding any that were exactly fit to my needs (mostly for sensory reasons)... so I figured why not just make my own? Best decision ever.

I'm just getting to the point where my first batches have cured enough to use and am reckoning with the fact that I already have way too many bars and no plans of stopping anytime soon, lol. This is so addictive. I suppose my friends and family are just going to have to accustom themselves to getting free soaps every time they turn around. I'm the kind of person who has a tendency to fall into a lot of different creative hobbies, but this is definitely one of the most rewarding I've found so far, and I think this is one of the few that are going to stick permanently.

Anyway, I'm just super excited to be here! I hope I can be active but being honest, my social anxiety can get pretty bad, and somehow gets worse on the internet, so... no promises. But I'll try!

Welcome! I also make too much soap. Even with family and friends who love receiving it (some friends do pay my material cost for special orders), I have a LOT of extra soap. Fortunately, my sweet husband takes it down to the local rescue mission for donations. He is thrilled to clear out the curing room spare bedroom, the mission folks are thrilled to get free soap, and I'm thrilled that I can MAKE MORE SOAP. Win-win-win! :lol:

Welcome! I go in fits and starts with my soap making. Once I start pouring, I can't seem to stop. But once I do stop I can't seem to start again for another couple months LOL

Back