Hey its the weekend again!! Soap Pot 1/18 - 1/20

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
What are ya making, I am making reservations for the TN Soap Social!! Actually I need to make some foot balms and lotion bars but that is it! What is everyone else makin?

I already made my soap for the swap but not in the traditional mold of hearts but I hope everyone will like it. I actaully already made Arabian Nights a special blend from five fragrances, Innocence soap which is just cocoa butter and gm, gm scented with omh, Dragons blood soap, and warm vanilla sugar which smells amazing!

Just finished a batch of coffee w/ latte fo- lovely! Going to do at least one batch of oatmeal tonight- seems everyone likes the oatmeal w/o fo's! So boring to make... ;) Also going to do a batch or two of lip balm and bath salts. Just started selling and wow, things are flying off the shelves! What a hoot!

I haven't decided for sure yet, becuase I've purchased too many FOs in the last 2 weeks!

I'm thinking I might do:

Oat,Milk,Honey
Green Tea
Wasabi
Pink Sugar

That's being very ambitious - but then I have nothing else to do....oh wait...I have to make Whipped Shea/Mago for my V-Day gift sets....UGH!!!!

I just made a couple of bars of succulent pear, springtime fresh and I got this really cool new mold to make soap that looks like chocolate bars so I have 3 bars of chocolate truffle! Can't wait to unmold them!

hoooooboy this weekend,

prickly pear body frosting,
lip whip
grassy blend soap
Indian summer soap
moonshine blend soap
custom blend soap and frosting
citrus blossom and peach body frosting

No soaping for me this weekend. I have made just about enough to last me a short lifetime. Thinking that a lot of my soap will end up at the Salvation Army untill I get more predictable and better results. It's all good soap, just over colored, or off colored.

So this weekend it looks like I'll be making up a gold plating solution and trying that out on some harley brake calipers.

PhillipJ said:
Thinking that a lot of my soap will end up at the Salvation Army untill I get more predictable and better results. It's all good soap, just over colored, or off colored.
Check this out: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/shelter/default.asp

I am making a basic four oil soap for donation allllll weekend because most of my oils are stuck in CO in the SNOW! :cry: :cry: :cry: I have a lot of FO's I want to test so I'm making colorless one pound batches.

Hey it's the weekend again. 1/18-1/20

What a great idea! I have just bookmarked this link. I am too new to soap making to give my soaps to anyone yet. Maybe by next year this time!!
I just brought 2 boxes of commercial soap (but really lovely ones....I have been a collector!!) to our local family homeless shelter and they were very thankful. It did cross my mind that I could donate my own soaps there someday. I thought it would really hurt to let my collection go....but I was so relieved to find a good home for it as I am churning out enough handmade bars now to last me and my kids a lifetime!!! I will check back on this site from time to time to see if they still need donations. My oils could not get to me from Colorado either. My last shipment, I had to track down and go get it from FedEx ground depot....it was never going to be delivered to me at home as my road is uphill, unpaved, and a solid block of ice...will be 2 weeks come Monday since our last big snow storm. I live in northern New Mexico!! No soaping for me this weekend. My curing racks are full, I need oils, and I have a bad head cold!!! DH says this house smells good from all that curing soap...but I can't smell a thing!LOL!

Tabitha said:
Labels, labels, labels, labels, labels & deodorants...
I saw your labels on your stuff on Etsy. They look really good. Do you do those all yourself??

You people are great! Its truly a joy to find people that are good hearted. May God Bless you all.

Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Lane,

Thank you! Yes. I print my own labels & hand cut each one. I have been out of vinyl since Christmas so things have been sorta stacking up on me. I need to print/cut labels enough to last through spring :roll: .

Brian, what are you making w/ the Wasabi ? I am inriuged!

The chocolate truffles sound yummy!

It's been goats milk soap for me this week end I made 4 batches...
Chai spice
Morrocan spice
brown sugar/honey and chamomile
freesia with apricot scrub
They are all cut and drying it smells yummy here today.

I made a batch of Interlude Soap. I get bored making it but it's my best seller, so Interlude it is. Not sure how it's going to turn out though. My husband wanted to run the stick blender. By the time he was done, the blender was screaming in agony and the soap had the consistancy of thick mashed potatoes. LOL

Back