Hey. I'm Josh. It's starting to get "real".

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic soap! The purple from the alkanet is gorgeous and the cardboard method is a keeper.

Until recently, I often made small batches (450 g) in those same molds and agree that it’s tough to keep the portioned off batter warm enough. My recipes tend to be fairly high in hard fats and a half cup of batter (100-200 g) cools off quickly at room temperature in my house (below 70F in winter). I compensated by working a bit warmer by 5-10 degrees F depending on how friendly the fragrance and recipe were expected to be.

Fantastic soap! The purple from the alkanet is gorgeous and the cardboard method is a keeper.

Until recently, I often made small batches (450 g) in those same molds and agree that it’s tough to keep the portioned off batter warm enough. My recipes tend to be fairly high in hard fats and a half cup of batter (100-200 g) cools off quickly at room temperature in my house (below 70F in winter). I compensated by working a bit warmer by 5-10 degrees F depending on how friendly the fragrance and recipe were expected to be.
Yea, great book! I've got several oil infusions going on two weeks old now. Love it! I've been soaping around 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Well at least that's where I start.

Back