Hey. I'm Josh. It's starting to get "real".

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... just watch yourself around this group (looking at you @AliOop), pretty soon you'll be hoarding FOs, next you'll need some fancy packaging for your lovely creations and buying cricuts, entering soap competitions, branching out to other seemingly innocent side projects like lotion bars with exotic oils, maybe even try your hand at a candle or five...... there's a whole hidden underworld of enabling going on here capitalizing on the immense satisfaction of making your own things.

Consider this your official warning. 😂

Well.... just watch yourself around this group (looking at you @AliOop), pretty soon you'll be hoarding FOs, next you'll need some fancy packaging for your lovely creations and buying cricuts, entering soap competitions, branching out to other seemingly innocent side projects like lotion bars with exotic oils, maybe even try your hand at a candle or five...... there's a whole hidden underworld of enabling going on here capitalizing on the immense satisfaction of making your own things.

Consider this your official warning. 😂
Oh yeah, I'd DEFINITELY have to start selling to do all those things on top of this lol. Maybe one day! I already have gw 415 soy wax. Don't tempt me with candles!

That is beautiful. You did a great job. I can't wait to see the cut. Make sure you post those too.

WELCOME to the addiction Soap hobby.
Thanks @Whillow! The color has lightened up so much! I guess that's to be expected with natural colorants. It looks almost a light shade of blue at the moment. 😆 But I know that will even change more after it's been cut and cures. It's crazy how you have to experiment. What you see at first is def not what you get with plant colors!

Ya got real finally! CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait for the cut. And aren't you an ambitious one with infusions and colors and scents with 10 oils!

( :secret:Speaking of blender buttons.... Just between us, you don't have to keep the safety button pressed continuously, a nice feature to discover after, you know, over 5 years of using it.
*smacks forehead )

Here's the cut! The piece of cardboard I stuck down the middle, at the end, actually did something! It was so thick by the time I did it, it completely divided it on half. I guess tapping the mold on the counter got it to join back together. 😊
C2B0D4A2-B1EF-42D3-8BD7-A63602E3484D.jpeg
CFA37F88-B93B-4BA0-9965-11FB8B0A6203.jpeg
F3B61509-1615-4B42-9EA3-782344FECD38.jpeg

Ya got real finally! CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait for the cut. And aren't you an ambitious one with infusions and colors and scents with 10 oils!

( :secret:Speaking of blender buttons.... Just between us, you don't have to keep the safety button pressed continuously, a nice feature to discover after, you know, over 5 years of using it.
*smacks forehead )
Hi @Zing. I don't have a safety. I actually have two separate buttons right next to each other. One says turbo and one is just regular. I didn't even notice what the button said until after I was done with my soap 😂. I like the non turbo button better, which actually turns to the lowest speed setting I had selected. 😒

Here's the cut! The piece of cardboard I stuck down the middle, at the end, actually did something! It was so thick by the time I did it, it completely divided it on half. I guess tapping the mold on the counter got it to join back together. 😊 View attachment 72361
This may be a new method for doing a "hidden feather" swirl!

Awesome! Yep - secret feather swirl (now AKA the cardboard swirl).
Thanks. Yeah, I figured it was one of the easiest things I could try with two colors poured down the middle, that looked cool on videos I watched. But, I didn't have one of those hanger things for it, so I cut a piece of cardboard and hoped for the best. Ha! The purple was super thick so didn't know what to expect. Was just happy to get everything in the mold and able to cut it. Now the waiting begins!

AMAZING job on your first batch! I’m a little obsessed with that blue you were able to get. 😍

I saw that you ordered Jan Berry’s natural soapmaking book (the book I learned soapmaking with!). If you haven’t perused the whole thing yet, in Part 3 she’s got an entire gallery of natural colorants. It’s really fantastic!

Back