Hey guys! I was always told that you couldn't get pretty swirls in melt and pour..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinky89

Reaction score
But look at these swirls! These are melt and pour soaps. I know there is a technique to it. Does anyone have any suggestions to get swirls like these? I tried to use a spoon and twist it like how I do to create swirls in cp soaps and that didn't work. I'm going to try the skewer method next.

IMG-0891.jpg

IMG-0892.jpg

IMG-0893.jpg

IMG-0894.jpg

I've heard the same, original poster. Not sure why people think you can't swirl with Melt and Pour. A quick google search yields quite a few hits.

Here is a tutorial

Another way that you can do it is to use an log mold with dividers.
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.c...mple-secrets-swirling-melt-and-pour-soap.aspx

Oh wow I didn’t even know you can make these kind of swirls with mp soap

I've heard the same, original poster. Not sure why people think you can't swirl with Melt and Pour. A quick google search yields quite a few hits.

Yeah that’s true. Usually when I see swirls in mp soap they’re boring and don’t look like the ones I posted though.

I also saw on a Soap Queen youtube video where she uses a hanger to swirl a loaf. I don't think she showed the end result but, it seems like a decent tool to try and use!

Back