Hey from the smack dab center of Illinois!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studioalamode

Reaction score
Hello! Not sure who reads these intros, so if you are reading this, thank you!

I have always loved crafts. There is not much to do in this small town, so I have always tried to keep myself busy by making something. Thankfully, my husband is very supportive and has helped me design a creative space with several built-ins for the variety of "stuff" I have accumulated (paper crafts, scrapbooking, wood burning, nightlights, sewing, birdhouses... you name it, I've probably done it).

I briefly dabbled in soap a few years ago, and only recently got serious when my first love - jewelry design - became impossible to do due to an elbow injury. I still needed something to occupy my time, so M & P seemed like a great creative outlet that was easy on the arms.

I am currently selling my soaps and bath salts in the same place where I sell my jewelry, and now that I have the soap thing going, I think I will continue it even when I can get back to jewelry. It has really been fun - I love using different types of molds and experimenting with the various recipes. My husband has asked me several times why there are more food products in my soap cabinet than in our pantry cabinets, and honestly, I have no answer except that cooking food is much less appealing than cooking soap (although I use the microwave for both!)!

I have a blog at jkbrownstudioalamode.blogspot.com, but I haven't blogged in a while - again, due to the elbow problem which makes it difficult to type for any length of time (especially at home on the laptop).
But, if you like to read blogs, feel free to visit! Some content is about my jewelry, some about my family and some about people I know/happenings. I have four kids (three grown), and three grandkids. A fourteen year old still at home keeps me young, although I'd like to think 48 isn't that old.

Well, I'm off to see who else is new here and give them a congratulatory hello... Best of luck to YOU in your soapmaking endeavors - whether for fun or profit! Better yet, just enjoy the process!

Hi Janet,

Did you ever see the movie Titanic? If so, do you remember at the end when they were showing all the pictures of the things Rose had gone on to accomplish in life? Well, it sounds like your life has been as full as her was. It's very nice to have you here. I don't made M&P soap but I do think it's beautiful stuff. Glad to have you here with us!

zeo

Welcome Janet :) Its nice to see another person from Illinois on here. I live near Chicago.

I will be checking out your blog, Jewelry making is a lovely hobby... now if only we could combine soap making with jewelry making... hmm :lol:

Hello and welcome!!

Sorry to hear about the elbow injury, :( but at least you've discovered soaping which is a really fun way to spend some of that time you might have been making jewelry!

Happy Soaping!!

Jude

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am loving this forum because everyone is friendly. I was a little nervous at first - not knowing what I'm doing with soap, or with FORUMS!!! But I can tell there is a smile behind almost every post, which is nice!

Latest posts

Back