Hey fellow sudsers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m Ray, a new soaper interested in discussing & learning about all things soap and building community around it. I’ve recently made my first few batches of soap and I’m HOOKED! Happy soaping everyone!

You're not really hooked until you have at least 100 bottles of FO in your cupboard. This won't take long to achieve.
Welcome! :D
Hi kiwi! Wow! 100 bottles… you must have some awesome scents! I’ve only used FO from nurture soap co. so far, the black raspberry vanilla has been my fav but I’m excited to try out even more! Thank you!

Welcome! @KiwiMoose is exaggerating (quelle surprise).

You only need a combined total of 100 soaping ITEMS to be hooked. That can be any combination of molds, FOs, micas, oils - even spatulas and pouring pitchers. 😁
Hi Ali! In that case, I might be about 40% to Hookedness hahahaha 😂 I even thrifted an awesome tiered rack to store all my soaping supplies on & keep organized. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi kiwi! Wow! 100 bottles… you must have some awesome scents! I’ve only used FO from nurture soap co. so far, the black raspberry vanilla has been my fav but I’m excited to try out even more! Thank you!
And Brambleberry has a 20% off fragrance sale happening now....just for you to reach your goal! Welcome to the addiction.

And Brambleberry has a 20% off fragrance sale happening now....just for you to reach your goal! Welcome to the addiction.
Omg & I LOVE a sale, especially with the state of almost everything being more expensive these days. Thank you!! For that info and the warm welcome! 😊

Omg & I LOVE a sale, especially with the state of almost everything being more expensive these days. Thank you!! For that info and the warm welcome! 😊

You're so welcome. BB is one of my favorite suppliers for fo's but their fragrance sales are rare. I've been filling my cart all evening. Trouble is.....I don't need any!

You're so welcome. BB is one of my favorite suppliers for fo's but their fragrance sales are rare. I've been filling my cart all evening. Trouble is.....I don't need any!
I guess that’s when the addiction kicks into overdrive lol 😂! Do you have any Fav FO’s from BB?

See what I'm trying to tell you @Raycreations33 ???
I do kiwi! 😂 you guys have given me an idea to take a photo of my small stock of supplies that I have now and then, in a few months, take another photo to compare how deep into the rabbit hole I’ve fallen lol

Hello and Welcome. yup, Ms. Kiwi M is correct. Give up all hope now. The "bottles of beer on the wall" song comes to mind. Every time I look at my FO shelve. 43 bottles of FO on the wall, 43 bottles of FO......ya order more. 45 bottles of FO on the wall....

Hi Ford! That song is gonna be stuck in my head today, thanks to you hahaha I’m so excited to learning more about soaping.. am gonna make my 3rd batch ever today! Thanks for the warm welcome! 😊

I even thrifted an awesome tiered rack to store all my soaping supplies on & keep organized.
That is PRIMO! Thrift stores and garage sales for soap making equipment!
WooHoo.gif

ADVICE TO BEGINNERS

Attachments

• 9E62ADD2-DEE5-452D-97C3-F8C01E243066.jpeg
    9E62ADD2-DEE5-452D-97C3-F8C01E243066.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 0
Even found an awesome wooden cheese cutter under $5 to slice my soaps with!
...And thus, the Journey begins...

Another rather serious affliction is when you're walking through the grocery store, or Big Box store, and you're attracted to various containers that would make a swell soap mold!

ETA: Pringles cans really do make an excellent mold for shaving soaps. I get 4 (3.5 oz) pucks out of mine. They drop easily into any mug.
:nodding:

Last edited:
...And thus, the Journey begins...

Another rather serious affliction is when you're walking through the grocery store, or Big Box store, and you're attracted to various containers that would make a swell soap mold!

ETA: Pringles cans really do make an excellent mold for shaving soaps. I get 4 (3.5 oz) pucks out of mine. They drop easily into any mug.
:nodding:
Wow!! That is awesome and super crafty… a pretty nice yield for a pringles can too! I may try a shampoo bar using that method in the future. it’s so cool to repurpose and give new life to items otherwise considered trash!

I’ve seen old milk cartons used also… it seems, a soapers minds-eye will ALWAYS find new ways to create lol

Back