Hey everyone- lip balm labels ( ughhhhh)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vidasworld12

Reaction score
Hope everyone is well...
Does anyone know how to use these so called MILLIARD lip balm tube labels ???? OMG , ive tried so hard and long to figure them out but , im simply just not the smartest when it comes to labels and making them.
I have the template and all BUT i just can't :(:mad:
has anyone ever been able to use these?? I got them off amazon. any help is greatly appreciated .
Thank you.

I’ve used them and I bring the pdf into photoshop and create on a separate layer over the template layout. There is a free photoshop type program called GIMP tat you may want to try. It may also work with MS Word.

oh really on GIMP? Im going to try that way,
thank you so much.

I haven't been able to do much with ms word, its just not working for me.

You can set the pdf up as a picture background or watermark in the header and then have a template that way. I know people love to use Gimp and photoshop for this kind of stuff but really, they are not the appropriate programs.

Yes I have used a few hundred of them.
I just switched to another brand because I wanted to try a glossy label.
I have a friend who prints my labels for me and does all my design work.
He hasn't had any trouble with them.
I know I'm not currently capable of doing it but he said he enjoys playing with the designs and they print fine for him.
Usually he prints me a few different samples and I pick the one I like and he prints enough of that design for what I need.
He added some flower pictures to the last one I made of the flowers I infused in the oils I used.

Last edited:
You can set the pdf up as a picture background or watermark in the header and then have a template that way. I know people love to use Gimp and photoshop for this kind of stuff but really, they are not the appropriate programs.
Yup. That would work too! Photoshop is the perfect type of program for label design. Second only to Adobe Illustrator. MS Word is ok for simple text only labels (like mailing labels) but terrible for anything else. I would challenge anyone to make a better graphic label in Word over Photoshop or Illustrator.

Ya i think that MS Word is only good for basic labels , it really gave me a hard time trying to figure out the picture/text. thx guys this is great! I just have to play around with the program, there's a lot to play with.I've never had the need to use them, but now ,I need NICER labels .. lol

thxx again guys

any more info is GREATLY appreciated

Probably way more advanced that what you are looking for but this why give you an idea on how to manipulate images, text, sizing, layers, gradients, etc. it’s a pretty robust program. Gimp is similar but not exactly the same. Hope it helps you!

Another program that works well and is way cheaper than Photoshop is Serif Page Plus. I use it all the time. I find GIMP confusing.

Here's a link to what they call their "Legacy" products, which includes Page Plus. It's no longer being supported but it's a good program that is more akin to Adobe InDesign. It's more than most people will ever need and now, at $27.95 (Cdn), it's a good value.

Yup. That would work too! Photoshop is the perfect type of program for label design. Second only to Adobe Illustrator. MS Word is ok for simple text only labels (like mailing labels) but terrible for anything else. I would challenge anyone to make a better graphic label in Word over Photoshop or Illustrator.

Well, I am a graphic designer by day...I never use Illustrator or Photoshop for page layout design. Photoshop by nature is a digital photographic manipulation software. I use InDesign. But I can definitely make a label just as professional in word - I make templates all the time for my clients at work.

I export elements from illustrator or Photoshop and import them into MS word for other people who only know how to use MS Words for templates so all they have to do is change out the copy.

Latest posts

Back