Here is my Rebatching Tutorial 072008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Here is the start of the rebatch adding 4tbsp of distilled water. I should've done it yesterday but it was disgustingly hot! I'm doing a tropical soap to get rid of my .10oz of fragrances that are left. I mixed Yuzu, chamomile, pink grapefruit, pineapple jasmine and banana. It added up to about 1.2oz for a 2lb batch
Rebatchingtutorial014.jpg

Mixing the water and yes I was too lazy and hot ( its 92 here in New York)
Rebatchingtutorial013.jpg

Wrapping it up with foil in my already preheated 200 degree oven cause thats as low and it goes.
Rebatchingtutorial015.jpg

Starting to get mushy!
Rebatchingtutorial001.jpg

Looking like chunky applesauce now.
Rebatchingtutorial002.jpg

Preparing my molds and my cheap $2 dollar mold from home depot! I use the small ones for samples and the 1lb mold for the big size soaps
Rebatchingtutorial004.jpg

Alright now we're cooking baby! LOL
Rebatchingtutorial003.jpg

Getting my butters (cocoa and mango) and my SAO ready. I added 1tbsp of sao and 1oz of each butter.
Rebatchingtutorial005.jpg

I added cocoa butter first and mind you this is added at the last 20 minutes of the cook because with the addition of oils and butters heated, it keeps the soap pliable and semi liquid.
Rebatchingtutorial006.jpg

Here is the mango butter
Rebatchingtutorial007.jpg

Getting it thoroughly mixed.
Rebatchingtutorial010.jpg

Okay have my small sample mold ready and my 1lb mold ready
Rebatchingtutorial008.jpg

I've just mixed my fragrances together!
Rebatchingtutorial009.jpg

Now when I say pourable no its not liquid like just pliable enough that when I tilt the pyrex dish it pours out. Did that make sense?
Rebatchingtutorial011.jpg

All done and ready to be banged LOL and pushed down to make sure there are no pockets.
Rebatchingtutorial012.jpg

Hope you enjoyed that it took me forever LOL

Pepper, that was very kind of you to take the time to prepare that tutorial. Many of us will benefit.

Laurie

Oh its no problem I should've colored that batch but oh well! I will do another one tonight but not sure what.

Thanks Pepper!! This was very nice of you to share.

It does look like apple pie filling with butter pats. :lol: :lol: Yummmmmm

Digit

I know i was going to say that before!! you should make a caption on the bowl (Insert Ians head here...)

yeeees...thats where Id like to be right now, a bowl of apple pie filling...mmmmmm

Thanks VERY much for taking the time to make that tutorial for us!!!! I just uploaded pics & it takes forevvvvvver!

That was awesome to look at!! I've already looked at it twice!!
Thanks so much!

You are very welcome! I haven't taken pictures yet but soaped another fig & cassis. Smells wonderful!

Back