Here in Ohio

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams

Reaction score
I love this sight,so much information...I have a question though,where is everyone getting butters and waxes from since WSP is running slow these days? Thank you...

Choose the "Product List" drop down Menu at the top for a faster selection without all the pictures. Soapers Choice is a good company to do business with. They have been around since "forever". Best to order more than one oil at a time. I wait until I need 4 things to spread shipping cost across the items. :thumbs: They are in the Chicago area.

https://www.soaperschoice.com/

https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/
I've bought some oils and butter from them not too long ago. Haven't tried the shea butter yet because I was finishing up my older stash. But shipping seemed pretty swift. They have lots of oils, butters, waxes, and EOs, as well as clays and salts. They have a shipping center in the US, despite being a Canadian company, so orders to the US don't have to pay international shipping costs and are charged in USD (I asked!) so no currency conversion either.

I've never used Soaper's Choice but from their website you have to buy in more bulk than is rational / feasible for me, which is why I went with NDA when I did.

Thank you..need a good place with good prices and shipping cost..Im online looking like im in the toilet paper isle trying to get the best price per sheet..I can be there all day 🤔😂

I love this sight,so much information...I have a question though,where is everyone getting butters and waxes from since WSP is running slow these days? Thank you...
Pretty much anywhere that isn't WSP. The last time I ordered from them I paid the extra to go to the front of the line and it was still a month before I got my order. Never again.

Pretty much anywhere that isn't WSP. The last time I ordered from them I paid the extra to go to the front of the line and it was still a month before I got my order. Never again.
I ordered last spring from them, didnt pay extra to move to front of line but spent over $500 and took over a month to receive.. I like the prices and everything about them but takes to long to receive 😔 Natures Garden is also here in Ohio but prices are not as good.. thinking about looking on Amazon and adding more confusion to my search..who has best price with shipping...that was another thing about WSP free shipping over $35..

Here's two more - If you can't afford to buy in bulk, these two were my "go-to's" when I first started out. MMS shipped their solid oils in buckets that I still use today. I always receive my orders from these two in about 3 days. Their soaping oils are good quality, better than WSP, IMHO.

ELEMENTS BATH & BODY

MAJESTIC MOUNTAIN SAGE

Try soapers choice, they have good prices if you can swallow the shipping fees and they are quick. You will not wait a month. :)
Thank you will have to look into them, if its not the cost of the product its the shipping that chokes me....

Here's two more - If you can't afford to buy in bulk, these two were my "go-to's" when I first started out. MMS shipped their solid oils in buckets that I still use today. I always receive my orders from these two in about 3 days. Their soaping oils are good quality, better than WSP.

ELEMENTS BATH & BODY

MAJESTIC MOUNTAIN SAGE
Thank you so much will look at after dinner..I struggle with making choices like this,I always feel I could get a better deal..but j just need to pick so I can start making better cp soap and start trying lotion bars..

Here's two more - If you can't afford to buy in bulk, these two were my "go-to's" when I first started out. MMS shipped their solid oils in buckets that I still use today. I always receive my orders from these two in about 3 days. Their soaping oils are good quality, better than WSP, IMHO.

ELEMENTS BATH & BODY

MAJESTIC MOUNTAIN SAGE

Neat. MMS carries lots of things that could be useful to me! I'll have to do some price comparison shopping later.
Meanwhile, from their website structure/layout I would assume that, like Rustic Escentuals, Elements Bath & Body is a WSP subsidiary.

Thank you so much will look at after dinner..I struggle with making choices like this,I always feel I could get a better deal..but j just need to pick so I can start making better cp soap and start trying lotion bars..

Yeah, I get the same feels about getting the best deal sometimes. But... most of it seems to be a wash. A few places have higher base cost but "free" shipping. Some places lower cost of goods but you pay for the shipping. For me Brambleberry might end up being the clear choice for a bunch of stuff because they're quite literally about 90 minutes away and thus shipping is cheap(ish). So... yeah. I get the feels.

Meanwhile, from their website structure/layout I would assume that, like Rustic Escentuals, Elements Bath & Body is a WSP subsidiary.
Oh gosh, don't tell that to the owner! As far as I know they are independent. They've been around since I first started soaping in 2004. They used to be in Kentucky and moved to Colorado a few years back. They're about 90 minutes away in Pueblo but they don't allow pick-up. Has something to do with liability insurance, if I remember correctly.

BTW, Brambleberry is notorious for slow shipping. Even before COVID. I used to wait until August to buy my FOs on sale and I would get 3 X 16 ounce bottles at a time -- enough to last me for a year. They have lovely FOs. I buy Cybilla FOs there. She used to be a top seller. When she went out of business, BB snapped up her fragrances.

Oh gosh, don't tell that to the owner! As far as I know they are independent. They've been around since I first started soaping in 2004. They used to be in Kentucky and moved to Colorado a few years back. They're about 90 minutes away in Pueblo but they don't allow pick-up. Has something to do with liability insurance, if I remember correctly.

BTW, Brambleberry is notorious for slow shipping. Even before COVID. I used to wait until August to buy my FOs on sale and I would get 3 X 16 ounce bottles at a time -- enough to last me for a year. They have lovely FOs. I buy Cybilla FOs there. She used to be a top seller. When she went out of business, BB snapped up her fragrances.

So... Googled it & yeah they became a subsidiary / acquisition that was announced Nov 2020. So relatively recently.
1618959368815.png

As for Brambleberry shipping, they aren't the fastest shipper but they are notably swifter in my experience than WSP. >_> As I said, being basically just down the road from them probably helps.

ETA: Link to the acquisition announcement.

Neat. MMS carries lots of things that could be useful to me! I'll have to do some price comparison shopping later.

Yeah, I get the same feels about getting the best deal sometimes. But... most of it seems to be a wash. A few places have higher base cost but "free" shipping. Some places lower cost of goods but you pay for the shipping. For me Brambleberry might end up being the clear choice for a bunch of stuff because they're quite literally about 90 minutes away and thus shipping is cheap(ish). So... yeah. I get the feels.
You are so right, in the end its all about the same

@Zany_in_CO It is true that there has been some kind of a merger with WSP and Elements. My first order since the merger (a couple of months ago) didn't go well. Calling or emailing will just get you to the WSP customer service department.

I still order from WSP, and just know that I have to plan way ahead. Orders aren't even shipped for 2-3 weeks. I usually only buy from WSP when the item I need is on sale. So, for example, even if I don't really need coconut oil when it goes on sale, I will order it if I know I will need it within 3-6 months. If I can buy products for comparable prices elsewhere, I usually do.

I only order from Bramble Berry a couple of times a year, but the last few orders I've placed with them have shipped quickly and arrived within a week. It used to be closer to two weeks. I do think they have made an effort to improve their shipping time. At least that has been my experience.

@Zany_in_CO It is true that there has been some kind of a merger with WSP and Elements. My first order since the merger (a couple of months ago) didn't go well. Calling or emailing will just get you to the WSP customer service department.

I still order from WSP, and just know that I have to plan way ahead. Orders aren't even shipped for 2-3 weeks. I usually only buy from WSP when the item I need is on sale. So, for example, even if I don't really need coconut oil when it goes on sale, I will order it if I know I will need it within 3-6 months. If I can buy products for comparable prices elsewhere, I usually do.

I only order from Bramble Berry a couple of times a year, but the last few orders I've placed with them have shipped quickly and arrived within a week. It used to be closer to two weeks. I do think they have made an effort to improve their shipping time. At least that has been my experience.

I was poking around earlier and both Rustic and WSP mention on their sites about the acquisition of Rustic by WSP, though Rustic has their own customer service.

However Elements and WSP say nothing about THEIR merger... but the Elements site has the same customer service number as WSP.

Which is a bit shady I think... being honest about one but clandestine with the other.

@dibbles Follow the "ETA: link" in @ImpKit's post #13.

I am just devastated by this news. I really liked doing business with them although that has fallen off since I retired in 2017. I've recommended Elements to SO many people on and off SMF. Tammy Tivis is the owner. It sounds like I won't be able to get in touch with her through normal channels to find out what's going on. Sad.

We should probably post a general notification so others are aware.
@ImpKit Do you want to do that or would you like me to?

@dibbles Follow the "ETA: link" in @ImpKit's post #13.

I am just devastated by this news. I really liked doing business with them although that has fallen off since I retired in 2017. I've recommended Elements to SO many people on and off SMF. Tammy Tivis is the owner. It sounds like I won't be able to get in touch with her through normal channels to find out what's going on. Sad.

We should probably post a general notification so others are aware.
@ImpKit Do you want to do that or would you like me to?

You can do that.

Ugh, I'm glad I learned about this acquisition. I have a special order from some soaps with RE's Bora Bora FO. I used the last of what I had, and since it will now be shipped by WSP rather than RE, I will need to order more right away if I want the soaps to be made and cured before the end of summer!

Ugh, I'm glad I learned about this acquisition. I have a special order from some soaps with RE's Bora Bora FO. I used the last of what I had, and since it will now be shipped by WSP rather than RE, I will need to order more right away if I want the soaps to be made and cured before the end of summer!

So I've only ordered from RE since they got acquired by WSP. They ship faster than WSP. Dunno why but... yeah.

Back