Herbal Powder for coloring CP soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to keep my soap as natural as possible, that's why I want to try herbal powders.

Yes, the tomato powders look good.

I thought that was why. :D I would love to go the route of natural colorant, but they simply cost too much!! Most of the time now, I don't even use color (unless I'm making somethin' fancy!) as I've gotten compliments on the "soft" appearance of un-colored soap.

If you do decide to use them, you'll have to post pics so we can all see!

Nope, someone else on here posted it today and made me VERY happy.
I will try it someday.

Emporium Naturals

I ordered the Medium Jewel Set 1 from Emporium Naturals, last week.

I'm excited! I've been avoiding colorants, because I wanted to keep my soap as close to all-natural as possible. Since I gave up the "only EO's" fight VERY shortly after I started making soap, I felt it was necessary for me to at least keep the colorants natural.

Cranberry Lane's natural colorants look great too, but they're costly. Plus, I don't know anyone who can vouch for them.

Waiting...

NameThatCandy said:
Have u tried it yet?

How is it? Did u add it at trace?

Can't wait to see the pics.

Well, I can't wait to get my product! :lol:
I haven't received it yet. I emailed/phoned Julia today, and haven't received an update. I was told when I first contacted her, that there was going to be a delay with my order, and that part of it (the actual colorants) was "on its way".

I phoned and emailed her again, asking for an update. I received no reply. I'm guessing she's busy and trying to get stuff out. I'm not going to pass judgement yet. But I do like folks to let me know if my stuff is not coming when expected (or tell me when it was shipped, how it was shipped, etc.), because I'm used to fast service from WSP, OBN, Southern Soapers, etc. I'm not used to waiting over a week, to get anything.

So, when I get my stuff, I'll be sure to post a pic of my soap.

I tried to email them before, all emails sent right back to me, there were some error issues. I tried couple days, still no luck. I gave up, that's why I didn't order from them.

Pls keep us update.

NameThatCandy said:
I tried to email them before, all emails sent right back to me, there were some error issues. I tried couple days, still no luck. I gave up, that's why I didn't order from them.

Pls keep us update.

Same here. ALL my emails get returned, by Comcast — as spam. I went thru that, the very first time I tried to contact her. I had to contact Comcast and Go Daddy. I'm not going thru that again. So, suffice it to say, I can't email her successfully, which is not good.

She's a very nice lady, though. I'm just used to "lightening fast" service. I'm spoiled.

I'll update you.

Not Sure

I spoke with her today — again, I got no "specifics". Just a general "It's been sent". When I asked when I could expect it, she replied, "I have no idea. It depends on the Post Office". Whuh?

I was expecting "Well, I sent it on *insert date*, so expect it around/no later than *insert date*, and if you haven't received it by then, please let me know". I got none of that. I don't know. *sigh* I didn't press it (and I hope I don't have to, so I'm expecting my package by Monday), because I didn't want to sound annoyed.

I've often found that people have a different way of doing business than I'd do if it were me. Since I've never done business with her, I don't know what's usual for her. We'll see. I planned on soaping this weekend, and now that's been possibly pushed back and I don't know when my stuff will come.

I Got My Stuff!

Okay. I finally got my stuff (colorants and cute kraft boxes to house bars of soap to give).

I'll probably make some soap on Monday, and I'll post pics and feedback.

I checked out emporium naturals and really like her colours. I do have one concern. As stated on the site she does not give out the specific botanicals used. I can appreciate her reasoning, but if I am to market any soap made with the colourants I need to list them on the ingredient label or get into trouble. Any thoughts on that?

pink-north said:
I checked out emporium naturals and really like her colours. I do have one concern. As stated on the site she does not give out the specific botanicals used. I can appreciate her reasoning, but if I am to market any soap made with the colourants I need to list them on the ingredient label or get into trouble. Any thoughts on that?

That is a dilemma. I don't sell soap yet, so I don't have to worry about that right now. I also REALLY like to know what's in something I'm making.

I would email/call her and ask her how she lists the colorants for her soaps — she makes and sells soap. Or, perhaps someone here who sells soap made with her colorants will comment.

That was the main reason I emailed her the 1st time, but all the emails sent right back to me.

I don't want to use something that I don't know what is in it.

NEA, does the colorants come with an ingredient lists?

thx

Back