Hemp Seeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With, or without, the coating? I would guess that they might be a little scratchy with the "shell" on (and they have a slight point at one end) ... a single scrap along very fine sandpaper should sort that out.

Without the shell they won't last a very long time because of the high oil content, and may (I haven't tried it, so I don't know with these particular seeds) discolour slightly where they touch the soap (most botanicals do - they tend to turn brown, which shouldn't matter too much with these seeds).

In other words, as a temporary decoration on top of soap, I personally wouldn't, but I can't see the harm in it.

Hemp seeds are good to eat, but even if finely powdered, they would add nothing to the soap except scratchyness. Hemp oil, however, is very nice in soap.

My son finds cinammon too scratchy for soap. I only use it as a mica line. I thought it was about the finest powder around but he hates it with a passion in soap - it scratches his delicate skin.

I can only imagine his reaction to hemp seeds! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back