Hemp powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetBubbleTreat

Reaction score
I was wondering how much hemp powder per pound of oils to put in my cold process soap .... I have searched but couldn't find anything. I'm thinking I would use it like my clays and use 1Tablespoon ppo. But then I was thinking that wouldn't be enough....am I thinking right with using 1TBSP PPO??

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware, hemp oil has a really short shelf life. I wouldn't use it in more than 10% or so

Oh yes....I've heard it only lasts about 6 months to a year. I plan on buying a little to see how well it works in about a 2 pound batch....if I like it well enough I may buy more if not then I won't have a large amount wasted.. Thank you for the information on the max amount to use.

Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware, hemp oil has a really short shelf life. I wouldn't use it in more than 10% or so

I've had it at 15% in a recipe and the soap is now over a year old. On top of that the oil was probably 5 years old as it was hiding in the back of the fridge. I was hesitant about using it as it tasted a little nutty but I've heard that is normal.

What is hemp powder and what is it supposed to be used for?

Wow. That's definitely the opposite of my experience. I had a bottle in the fridge go rancid after about six months!

Wow. That's definitely the opposite of my experience. I had a bottle in the fridge go rancid after about six months!

The reason I had it so long is b/c I thought it had gone bad but didn't want to throw it out after only using it once (it was pricey at an organic foods store). So instead I just let it sit b/c I didn't want to waste the $$ I spent. When I found soaping, I thought it was the perfect place to use it b/c I wouldn't get sick if it had been bad.

So often I hear contradictory opinions or "facts" about things like product expiration. A lot of expiration has to do with the cleanliness of it's handling and storage.

I've heard that some oils are sometimes counterfeited due to the profitability of some specialty oils. This might account for some strange reactions we get with some recipes. This is one of the major reasons I am hesitant of buying from random vendors on Amazon or Ebay. IDK if it is possible to test the oils to see if that are in fact what was purchased.

Hemp powder is a protein/fiber powder. It's used as a protein supplement to help nourish and build muscle and is great for hair and skin.

Ok I used the hemp protein powder finally....it started out a beautiful green but during saponification it turned brown on me. So in theory hemp protein powder doesn't work with cp. lol

Ok I used the hemp protein powder finally....it started out a beautiful green but during saponification it turned brown on me. So in theory hemp protein powder doesn't work with cp. lol

Were you trying to use it as a colour? Not many natural additives keep their colour in cp soap. Its properties may still remain.

Back