help!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marium

Reaction score
hello. i just stumbled upon this website and i feel like am going to learn a lot here. i have a question/problem. i am a striving enterprenuer, and i have been trying to make facial oil using essential oils for y skin since is a bit problematic i mean i have googled everything and read loads of articles on how to make one but the problem is my face starts to break out whenever i start using it. i dont know what i do wrong.
p.si dilute it with olive oil(extra virgin) and use 10-15 drops of eo like tea tree, lavender, rosemary, jojoba, sweet almond. please help a girl out:(

Hi Marium & Welcome! Please take a moment to introduce yourself on the Introduction forum. The more we know about your level of experience, the easier it is to help you. Plus, I want to know all about living in Tanzania!!! :cool:

For now, check out the Beginner's Forum. Most (but certainly not ALL) newbie questions have been discussed many times before. Read the "Sticky" that tells you how to search various topics. There are several threads about face oils. That being said, I don't use face oil, but those that do swear by Squalane, a derivative of olive oil. Here's a link to learn more:

Why Squalane Is the Best Face Oil
https://theskincareedit.com/2017/02/22/squalane

You can buy it at Jedwards International:
https://bulknaturaloils.com/

Last edited:
Jojoba and sweet almond aren't essential oils. I agree with Shari (shunt2011) that we need to know how much of your carrier oil (olive oil) that you are using with those 10-15 drops of EO.

Have you used just olive oil alone on your face to see if the irritation is from the oil itself? Olive is a heavy, greasy oil in my experience, so might not be the best for some people's facial skin.

You just need 1 or 2 drops of any essential oil combination for each teaspoon of carrier oil. The Reference Guide For Essential Oils by Connie and Alan Higley is a good investment.

Not sure if I can be of any help, I trust the rest know more but until we know what your problem skin is, I can tell you that my young niece uses a mixture of rose water & avocado oil, no essential oils on her face. She is troubled with acne but also dry skin. Of course she has to shake it each time before applying.

I've tried multiple EOs, soaps, etc and the thing that has really worked for me - Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. I use it every night. I had to power through a BAD break out after a week of use - basically the retinols bring the forming pimples to the surface - but ever since then, my skin is clear.

I have suffered with acne my whole life. Olive oil is a big no-no for me, especially on my face.

Try Jojoba, Squalene, Camellia, Grapeseed, or another light/dry feeling oil.

Oils high oleic acid are comedogenic. Almond totally broke me out. Try hemp or argon as your base oil. Hemp is cheaper. I've been using hemp with no problem.

Thank you guys for your replies. For the amount of base oil i used for essential oils is atleast 30-40 mls with 10-15 drops of eo.
And i have tried using olive oil alone on my skin and my skin was hydrated and i never had break outs.

Oils high oleic acid are comedogenic. Almond totally broke me out. Try hemp or argon as your base oil. Hemp is cheaper. I've been using hemp with no problem.
It is not available in my country unless i order it online but what if i face the same problem again after using it? Am just so not up to loosing money like i did with the other oils

Not sure if I can be of any help, I trust the rest know more but until we know what your problem skin is, I can tell you that my young niece uses a mixture of rose water & avocado oil, no essential oils on her face. She is troubled with acne but also dry skin. Of course she has to shake it each time before applying.
I have a mix of both dry and oily skin. I have been ising rose water as my toner but that was not successful either

Last edited by a moderator:
Back