Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbyeager

Reaction score
I was trying to make whipped shea butter 14 oz shea butter 5 oz coconut oil plus scent well I don't know if the shea butter is different or what but it whipped up but was gritty. So I thought maybe I would try to melt it and cool it and rewhip but then it was too runny so I added some more shea butter and a tad of arrowroot to hopefully thicken it but that was a no go. So, I have a big batch of cool whip like consistency item. Is there anything I can do to save this like turn it into a bath melt or a sugar scrub anything?

TIA
Hattie

My whipped body butter is usually very similar to cool whip. What texture were you expecting? I would keep whipping it if you want it fluffier. You can even leave it in the mixing bowl to set up then whip it again in a couple hours.

When melting shea butter completely, it takes a while for it to cool down enough to start getting thick. I melt, place in freezer for a few minutes, then whip. I repeat the cooling and whipping process at least 4 times if not more. If I get sick of waiting for it to thicken, I'll put it in the fridge over night then give it one more nice long whip in the morning.

I find that letting it sit out all day or overnight is best. Whip it up when its firm and you can get it as creamy or as whipped as you like, depending on how long you whip. If it goes grainy at any point, you can temper it, let harden then whip.

Latest posts

Back